Pages

Friday, December 24, 2021

Happy Holiday Barbie 1988- Happy Dolliday Countdown to Christmas!

Hi everyone!  Merry Christmas Eve!  

In my final post in this Dolliday Series, we're taking a look at the Barbie that started the whole Happy Holiday line, Happy Holiday Barbie from 1988.  


Here is my video review and I also ranked my top 20 favorite Holiday Barbies! 


Unfortunately, they did not come out with an African American version of her, only the blonde Caucasian one.  Here's a beautiful promo photo of her in her gorgeous dress! 


She had a red and silver theme with little holly berries to complete the look.  Her dress is made of red, ruffly tulle sprinkled with silver glitter and she has a silver bow on her dress and in her hair. 


The bodice is fairly simple and made of a soft red fabric. 


She comes with a silver ring, silver earrings and a little necklace in the shape of a bow. 

e









She has the Superstar face mold and very bold blue eyeshadow.  The 80s are back! 




Overall, she's a gorgeous and festive Holiday doll and was widely popular when she first debuted.  This line would continue for 33 more years and although the name has changed slightly, the holiday Barbie line was something collectors looked forward to each year. 

I hope you enjoyed this series where we looked at each Holiday Barbie and I hope you have an absolutely wonderful Christmas!  

Thank you so much for reading and see you soon! 

xoxo Farrah 







4 comments:

  1. Happy Holidays! She is a beauty with her blonde hair and sparkling red dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is gorgeous. I love the details Mattel used to put on this collector lines. The jewellery, bows, materials - it made them look out all together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry I'm seeing this so late..yes, I just love this line! They did a great job on these, especially the older ones. :)

      Delete