Pages

Friday, October 16, 2015

Feel Good Friday- Hot Air Balloons :)

Happy Friday everyone!!
I love Friday nights SO MUCH.  I don't get done with work until 6, but once I do, it's like I exhale out all the stress of the week.  Ahhhhhh....

I haven't posted a Feel Good Friday video in ages, but my sister sent me this one on Facebook that I wanted to share.

I have been fortunate to have been able to take 2 hot air balloon rides in my life.  The first time was when one randomly landed in the field next to our house and the owner offered to take a few of us up on a quick (we were anchored down) ride.  I was about 8 years old and although I was very shy, I decided to try along with my 10 year old neighbor.  I was pretty nervous about the fire part and didn't really look over the edge, but it was pretty cool!

The second chance I had was when I was 22 years old during my 6 month stay in Australia when I was studying abroad in my last semester of college. My American friend and I stayed with this really nice family (they were actually from Tanzania) in Mareeba and they took us up in this beautiful ride over the Atherton Tablelands.  It was absolutely amazing!!  The view was stunning and the weather was perfect.  I can remember looking down and seeing kangaroos hopping.
Dream come true.


What about you guys...have you ever taken a hot air balloon ride before?
I hope you enjoy this beautiful video.
I hope you have a wonderful weekend. xoxo 

8 comments:

  1. That video was SO cool! We were at the Albuquerque festival in 2012 and it was one of the neatest things we have ever done. I recognized quite a few of the balloons in the video and it was fun seeing some of the "special shapes" ones that weren't there when we were. We have a small festival about 20 minutes away from here every July, it's fun because you can see up close and personal a lot of what they are doing because of the size.

    Alas, I've never been in one, I'd probably have to go by myself, hubby has serious issues with heights!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you enjoyed it, Flo! That is fantastic that you were able to see this festival in person. Those different shaped ones were pretty cool and I loved the part where there were lit up at night. I'm not sure if we have anything like this around here, although I have a memory of going to one when I was younger. I hear you about the heights think, my husband is terrified as well. I can't even get him on a plane! :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Farrah, thanks for sharing! I took a balloon ride only once, but it was in Turkey, we flew over the Goreme Valley....breathtaking experience!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, Billa, that's great that you were able to have that experience!

      Delete
  3. Hi Farrah, great video, I never have taken a hot air balloon flight, but love to look at them! I am a bit scared to try myself! Have a lovely weekend :-) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda, had I not done it once before as a child (no real fears yet, lol) I am not sure I would've been as keen to try it as an adult. if the opportunity ever shows up you should definitely do it. :) xo

      Delete
  4. That was lovely Farrah, a really great film of all those brilliant hot air balloons.....thank you for sharing.
    I've not been in a hot air balloon and as I've got older so I think my desire to get in one has lessened....I've become more scared of heights so standing in the basket with nothing around me would probably freak me out. But I have been up in helicopters and also flown a two person plane, so I have had some adventures in the sky....just a bit more secured ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I know what you mean about just sort of floating out in the open air like that. I've become more cautious as I get older as well so I'm glad I at least did it in my early 20s! :)

      Delete