Pages

Friday, October 23, 2015

In-store Report October!

Hi everyone!  I hope your week has been going well.  These days I only make it to our local Target about once a month, because I have found that I tend to go a bit overboard in my shopping when I am there.  I could spend so much money as I love all of their home decor, clothes, decorations, etc. This month I was good and only bought one item on my toy hunt (from Target).  
I ended up also getting a few couch cushions and storage bins I had my eye on as well as some Halloween decorations that I thought were cute. 
No more Target until November!  ;) 

Here are the new dolls I spotted this month: 


Jaaks Pacific Fawn.  
I actually think she's really cute!  I love her dress and I think she's the most pleasant of all the Disney Fairies I've seen to date.


These Rapunzel dolls seem to have a new face mold.  The above is the cheaper one with a molded on bodice and the below one is one with a removal dress.
Her face shape comes the closest to what I feel her animated character looks like.



Frozen Fever in the hiz-ouse. 
Their faces do nothing for me, but I think the dresses are really nice. 


Now this was really cute!  It's a Frozen Musial Jewelry box and I love how they portrayed little Elsa and Anna.  I would actually consider getting this for Little Button for Christmas to keep all of her "jewels" in. :)


Any Star Wars fans out there?  I AM!  I am not into the "Bop It" game but this mini version of R2D2 is really cool and I would get it just to hear the real sounds!
By the way, have you guys seen the new trailer for the movie?  It looks so good!


"Ahhh banana!"  Gotta love Kevin. :) 

Tween Scene Dolls

The new Tween Scene dolls are really cute.  These ones are Valencia, Kimani and Lena.  Emily from The Toybox Philosopher did a great review on them here!


  Looks like Chuck and the gang are making a come back! This collector's figure set is really adorable and they did a great job capturing the personality of each character.  I'd be interested to see if this would actually appeal to kids or not.  I know people my age and older might appreciate it more due to its nostalgic essence, but I can't imagine a kid necessarily just picking this out.  Although, most kids probably do watch the Charlie Brown specials that are on each holiday season so maybe I am wrong. :)



 I love that little Woodstock. :) 

Target also had this display of "retro" toys that I was excited to see.  


Strawberry Shortcake!!  


George in the box. 


We definitely had this. 


We also had this Etch-A-Sketch, although I could really only make "stairs" lol. 


I remember having a Raggedy Ann and Andy (that were homemade by my mom's friend) growing up. So classic!


These would be fun to get again! 

Our Generation also had a few new faces.  I love their African American face molds. 


This one is so cute, but her eyes look a little crazy.  Her name is Nahla and I love her face, hair and dress.  She comes with a little garden set.


Abrianna is sweet as well. 


I think her name might be Willow, but I can't remember.
PS...they finally have the OG mini dolls on the Target website!!!

As for Babs and the gang... there were a few new ones I hadn't seen before. 


Cute dress, but why can't they make her knees bend?  I've always loved Teresa. 


 Horrible bangs, but I love the lipstick! 


I love this one's dress.  She looks like Marcia Brady.  I really had to laugh at the dog's positioning in the box.  I don't think this dog poops either, which is a plus!  Just strollin'. 

Below are some new Fashionistas I saw:


She's so cute and I love her bold brows.  This year's Barbie face mold is so pretty. 



Gorgeous, but I think they could've done a better paint job on her lips! 



Anything that includes a cat wearing glasses is good in my book. 



Meh...this one does nothing for me, but I really appreciate all of these different face molds!



And finally, my favorite...Red Ruffles...

Here are the 2015 Holiday Barbies on display:



Both beautiful. 

I'm in love with this Sister Snowy scene!! 
Look at those cozy winter sweaters.  I don't have a Skipper or Stacie yet, so I may end up getting this for myself this year. :)


Here's an additional stand alone Skipper. 

This one has bangs. 

And last, but not least, the 2015 Festive and Fun Barbie.  
Pretty cute.  I was hoping the Halloween one would still be there, but she was gone!  I should've grabbed her last time.  :(



Well, that about wraps it up!
Can you guess what I ended up with?
Red Ruffles! :)
All of these Christmas dolls are reminding me that the holiday season is quickly approaching.
Our family Halloween party is tomorrow and I don't have my costume yet!  Hopefully it will all come together.
Happy Friday and hope you all have a nice weekend.
Farrah xo 

26 comments:

  1. You've reminded me that I need to go check out Walmart for those Tween Scene dolls! And *cough* maybe a few others now too... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, it's fun to check out what is new. I have to say though, every time I go by the Marvel section, I always think of you!

      Delete
    2. Heh, that aisle may be a weakness of mine, it's true!

      Delete
  2. I have to stay out of Target too, dangerous place! I think the push on the Peanuts stuff is because of the new movie coming out. I'm not sure how I feel about it because they have changed the way they look too much. :(

    Interesting that the Target website has the old OG mini dolls, hmmmm...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Flo,
      Ahh, I didn't realize they were making a Peanuts movie..it's all making sense. I don't know if I could watch it either if it's changed too much. Yes, very interesting to see the old ones on the website now. I will never quite get how Target works with OG. It always seems so backward in that there is stuff that is in stock then out of stock and ...I don't know, just weird.

      Delete
  3. That red ruffled blouse reminds me of a couple of blouses I had in the 80's; mine had sleeves. Ah, the prairie look!

    That's an impressive helmet that Skipper has in that set with the sled. Is she planning on competing in luge?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barb, yes...the ruffles are so 80s, I agree! Haha...I didn't notice the helmet either at first, but you're right! Safety first, lol.

      Delete
  4. Rapunzel's smile is gorgeous. I love the Sister Snowy box, it's very appealing and the dolls are dressed lovely. The Our Generation dolls are very cute too! Red Ruffles is a beauty, good choice! Have fun at the Halloween party, I bet your costume will be awesome again :-)! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda! It wasn't as great as last year, but I ended up going as a "Day of the Dead" girl with the elaborate facial decorations (like a sugar skull) which consisted of lots of temp tattoos that were a pain to get off at the end of the night! I'll post a pic at the Oct wrap up. :) xoxo

      Delete
  5. I love this post, so many toys that make me think about my childhood (I would have never guessed the spirograph still existed!!!) and Peanuts!
    Now, I feel lucky there are no Target around here, I would go bankrupt in a week!!!!
    Ps. Red Ruffles is a beautiful girl, good choice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Billa, Target is dangerous!! :):) I'm excited to get Red Ruffles free...I just have had NO TIME lately, ahh!

      Delete
  6. Oh, I saw a Mom playing with the Curious George Jack in the Box with her young daughter who was laughing so hard! Those just never get old! Love those old retro toys! Don't get me started about the lack of articulation on the Barbie Fashionistas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, Phyllis, I knew you'd agree about the Fashionista bodies...do people usually just put them on Style bodies? I need to scour some thrift shops for some "donor bodies" lol. That is great that the little girl liked the George toy! My girls still love to watch Curious George. He's such a cute little monkey. :)

      Delete
  7. Target is awesome at taking my money! 😜 They have way too many good things! I loved the Spirograph when I was growing up. Fun, fun, fun! Thanks for the great report!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi JG, wasn't the Spirograph awesome! I remember making some sweet designs with different colored pens when I was younger. :) Thanks for reading!!

      Delete
  8. It's fascinating seeing all those retro toys making a come back. I remember Spirograph - it made such great patterns. The new dolls looks lovely - I'll have to check out our shops and see if any of them have made it here. That last Our Generation doll face looks a little like one of the Girl for All Seasons faces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carrickters, you're right! I never noticed it, but their faces have that long nose, slender face shape like the Girl for All Seasons. :)

      Delete
  9. Loved your report! I don't live close to a Target and only make it there every few months so it was fun to see some of their new stuff! So thanks for helping me do a little window shopping. Ha! :) I am interested in seeing Nahla and Abrianna in person. They both look like lovely dolls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I am a big fan of "window shopping" as well and that is probably why I follow so many blogs, lol. :)

      Delete
  10. Hello Farrah Lily! Thanks for taking us to Target with you. So much interesting dolls and toys! The Peanuts set is a very good idea. I love the faces of Nalha and Abrianna. The Asian Fashionista doll is really pretty.
    Take good care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Thammie, you too! And thank you for stopping by my blog! :)

      Delete
  11. Hi.
    I hope you check out my blog and please follow by email. creatingpreciousmoments.blogspot.com

    Please check out my crochet shop and please order something. I can make something for you if you don't see it on my site. Just ask! I can make pot holders, coasters, fingerless gloves, headbands, etc.. So order something. ashleysyarnworks.blogspot.com

    Love,
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello.I just discovered your blog and I really like it.I would also like to invite you to visit my blog.I like these dolls and red ruffles is so gorgeous.Hugs.:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you My doll stuff, I will definitely check yours out as well!

      Delete
  13. I admit that I snorted my tea when I saw the dog poking his nose up Barbie's skirt....typical eh? Just when you're having your photo taken so one of the dogs does that! LOL
    I like the Frozen musical box, that is very sweet and I think a great pressie for your daughter for Christmas.
    I also like the dark skinned Abrianna too.
    Ruffles is lovely, a very good choice for this time of year! I look forward to seeing more of her here on your blog.
    Have a great Halloween :)
    Hugs Sharon in Spain x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sharon, we had a really fun weekend and Halloween. Red Ruffles is just lovely and I hope to do a photo shoot with her soon. I'm thinking a festive Christmas-y might be nice. :) Hugs back xo

      Delete