Pages

Saturday, October 10, 2015

Our Adirondack Vacation


Back in the end of July, the girls and I (hubby had to work!) went up to Long Lake, NY for our annual family reunion/vacation in the beautiful Adirondack Mountains.  This town is very special to my Mom's side of the family as my grandfather was born and grew up here so every year growing up they would spend at least 2 weeks in this amazing and scenic village.



Little Button :) 


My mom's side of the family is really big and we have a lot of cousins that make the trek from New Hampshire, Boston, Connecticut, Wisconsin, Georgia and Florida.  It's the one time of year where we can all visit and have fun together. 



We had such a great week this year.  I stayed in a cabin with my mom (her hubby-my step-dad-didn't make it up either as he gets too bored!) so it was really fun to have a good time with our family without having to worry about "the husbands."  ;)




Beautiful neighboring Lake Eaton.




The girls and me swimming...the water was so warm!! 



Ladies Night :) 


The weather was INCREDIBLE.  It was really hot and we only had 1 day where it rained for a few hours which is highly unusual for this area.
I made an effort to stay off of my iPad and phone and actually read a book.  Amazing!  It was so nice to have a "digital detox" for a week.

We loved it and can't wait to go back again next year!
I hope you enjoy the photos!
I just finished filming my "September Doll Haul video" so hopefully I'll have that up soon as well. :)

xoxo Farrah 

16 comments:

  1. Hi Farrah, thank you for sharing this. What a beautiful place, and I was surprised to read that the water was warm, how great to be able to swim there! A real paradise it must be :-). Lovely photographs as always! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda! It really is nice to swim there...the smaller lake I showed in the middle photos is actually much warmer as it's very shallow a ways out. The other water was "cool"...very refreshing, but not completely warm! :)

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful place this is! It looks so peaceful and serene, I love the clear water of the lake, looks just perfect. The girls do look to be enjoying themselves too!
    Looks like a perfect time was had by all :)
    Hugs Sharon xx PS I emailed you about the address, don't know if you got it or if it went into your spam folder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sharon! It was so fun and nice to get away for a week in the middle of the busy summer.
      Hmm, I checked my email and couldn't find your message in my inbox or junk mail. I hope I gave you the correct email address!!! It's farrahli8488@gmail.com
      Otherwise, if you want to reply back with your email (I won't post it) then I can email you directly!
      Thanks so much! xoxo

      Delete
  3. What a wonderful vacation Farrah, thanks to you summer is still here!
    Your girls are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like a gorgeous vacation spot - and the kids really seem to be enjoying themselves! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a feast for the eyes. The kids love it as there are so many other kids to play with (which is awesome for me, lol. ) :)

      Delete
  5. Looks like a fun trip! I loved upstate NY, we got as far as Lake George when friends of ours used to live in Hudson Falls. Beautiful area!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Flo,
      Isn't Lake George beautiful! We pass it going north to get to LL, but I love that town. The Hudson Valley is also gorgeous. NY isn't so bad...our winters are just too long!! :)

      Delete
  6. Wow, what beautiful scenery! It looks like you had wonderful weather and had a good time. I love Little Button's spa treatment with the cucumber eyes! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, she was LOVING the cucumber thing as she was making everyone laugh. :)

      Delete
  7. What a beautiful place and your photos are lovely! It looks like the perfect spot to enjoy with family. I also love that it's a tradition you are sharing with your kids!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anna! It really is a great week to spend with our families and I feel so lucky we've been able to make it there pretty much every year! :)

      Delete
  8. Hello from Spain: your holidays were fabulous. I love that place. The cottage is ideal. The girls enjoyed much in the water. I also like the sun and heat. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marta, I love it as well! I miss the sun and heat. It's my favorite time of year. Now we have a to wait a while, but I will try to enjoy the other seasons just as much. :)
      Farrah

      Delete