Pages

Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Christmas in New York City 2019 Day #2 of 2.

Here is day #2 of my visit to NYC this past December. :) 

The Watson Hotel lobby 

The next morning, my sister had to go straight to a work training program at the Watson Hotel, so while she was there, I walked over to Rockefeller Center (take 2, lol) to see the tree and walk around and enjoy the sites. 

Atlas statue in front of Rockefeller Center 

The first place I went was into St. Patrick's Cathedral.
I love it inside!  It's so quiet and peaceful; such a contrast from being outside.
I sat in there for a while, lit a candle for my dad who passed away back in 2012 and then continued to walk.







Next I headed down the street to check out the holiday windows in Saks 5th Ave (photos in this link are way better than mine, lol.)
They were Frozen themed (due to the new movie, Frozen 2 that came out this year).
Beautiful as usual!



I also went into Saks just to see what it looked like all decorated.  Pretty beautiful! 






After that, I walked across the street to finally see the tree in Rockefeller Center Plaza.
It was still pretty early (like 10am-ish) so the crowd wasn't too bad.






 Lego Store window display 


 Pretty dollhouse inspired jewelry displays 





After I did the loop, I sat here by the angels and had a snack.  It's so fun to people watch.  Maybe that's a creepy thing to do, lol, but I love observing other people, their relationships, and how they interact!


Now it was on to the American Girl store!  I was really excited about this because it was my first time going by myself, so I was able to walk around slowly and take in all of the displays!
I'll do a separate post of this part since I took so many photos of the dolls.



After the American Girl store, I walked to Central Park and walked around the South East part of the park.  I was heading in the general direction of the Columbus Circle Christmas markets, but I wanted to spend some time in the park first.


I stopped and had snack #2 (lol) in this cozy little spot.  I was surprised that this park of the park was so quiet and there weren't really too many people.



I love this bridge as it they filmed on it for Home Alone 2. :) 


For my last stop, I walked around the Columbus Circle Holidays Markets.  All I ended up getting was some Gluhwein from my favorite German stand and that did the trick for me to top off this holiday cozy-fest.


After this, we were ready to catch the train home.  Overall, I totally enjoyed this quick trip with my sister to my favorite city during my favorite holiday season.

Thanks for stopping by the blog and Happy New Year to you all! 

xoxo Farrah 

4 comments:

  1. What pretty pictures. The city can certainly be magical at Christmastime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dorothy! I agree...it's my favorite time to visit. :)

      Delete
  2. Fantastic, I'm very jealous! Such great photos :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete