Pages

Tuesday, November 29, 2016

My American Girl Doll #59 - Greta

American Girl Truly Me #59

Hi gang, sometime last year, I was able to purchase my 6th American Girl doll and I don't think I've ever really posted photos of her yet.  Back when they used to do those wonderful (yet totally annoying in terms of AG website crashes) Jill's Steals and Deals sales, I was able to get this lovely gal for a really nice discounted price. 


She is a #59 Truly Me doll with brown layered hair, brown eyes, light skin and a Classic face mold.
She was on my AG wishlist for a while, but not one that I necessarily had been eager to immediately get as I figured she'd probably be around for a while.


Once she arrived, I feel in love with her adorable face!  I always thought I preferred the Josefina face mold, but there is something about the Classic mold and brown eyes that is really cute to me.


Her hair is beautiful with many different strands of brown giving it a very pleasing appearance.  It's also completely straight so my daughters are able to enjoy her and I'm not really worried about her getting too messed up. :P




The new meet outfits are fairly plain, but cute, none-the-less. Just seeing these daisies in the photo makes me think you could really make it adorable by adding a few accessories or a nice flower crown.  I love the boots.


The nice thing about her is that she's a low-maintenance AG doll in terms of giving her to a child.  I can't see how her hair can get too ratty as it's so silky straight and easily detangles with a brush.  I guess, perhaps, the strands may break with really rough play, but so far, out of all the AGs that I own, her hair is the most forgiving.


I knew a "Greta" in college that had brown hair, brown eyes and was sweet as pie so that is who I named her after. :)


So far, Greta is our "botanist" and loves the outdoors.  She loves to take walks outside and learn about different plants and their healing properties.  I think she may grow up to become an acupuncturist and provide education regarding herbal remedies. :}



Overall, I did not expect to love this doll as much as I do.  I was fooled into thinking she was a bit plain, but now that she's here and we've been playing with her and creating a personality for her, she's a total delight.

Do you guys have any dolls you've ever gotten that you unexpectedly ended up falling in love with?

I hope you all are enjoying the start to the holiday season that's quickly approaching!

I have a few giveaways coming up, so stay tuned! :)
Farrah xo

12 comments:

  1. Your AG Greta is really cute. We only have one AG doll in the house. She is an Asian doll from the custom dolls in the early 2000s. Her hair is still in really good shape, but she needs a little TLC on her body.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Phyllis!
      The Asian mold AG dolls are so beautiful. I wish they would make more with that mold! Sounds like she was well loved. :)

      Delete
  2. What a sweet girl, her hair is lovely. I like her outfit too, it's something a real child would wear, isn't it!
    Yes I have fallen in love with dolls who on their arrival I really wasn't sure about. It's a great feeling when finally a doll just clicks into place in our collections!
    Hugs S x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sharon!
      I remember reading on your blog a few times about dolls that stole your heard upon arrival. Sometimes, I find that when you dress them up and start photographing the, their little "personalites" are created. :)

      Delete
  3. She is so cute! I agree on the straight hair, my Kit is living proof of how it seems to bounce back.

    I would say that Cassandra is the doll for me that I unexpectedly fell in love with. I just couldn't get over how cute she was, she sat in a chair in my living room for weeks afterwards because I liked her so much. Even though I've added other Jess molds to my collection, she is still the favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, Kit is another great "low-maintenance" one..she's so adorable, as well. Your Cassandra is such a beauty! That AG doll is also on my wish list. I love reading about her on your blog. :)

      Delete
    2. PS, Flo..If you're able to see this, I wanted to let you know that I've been trying to leave comments on your blog today, but I keep getting a Google + error! I wanted to let you know that I would love to enter your sewing subscription give-away as well as tell you that I love what you did to Louisa's room and thank you for sharing how you did it! :)

      Delete
    3. Got it, I will enter you! I hope they get it straightened out, I wonder how many other people are having problems.

      Delete
  4. She's so charming! I agree, sometimes dolls seem plain but they are little treasures! She is so beautiful! It's nice to see some non-stock pics of her! :D
    -Lydia
    Lydia's Dolls @ http://lydiasdolls.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lydia! I agree that it's really cool to see dolls in a different "context" as often times we get so used to the promo photos! It gives them a fresh, new look..so fun! :)

      Delete
  5. I have a Rebecca that I love. Recently with the free shipping sale I gave in, and purchased a #55 for customizing, into my Laura Ingalls that I have wanted to do for a long long time. I love AG dolls, just don't have alot of room for them. I think they are so adorable. Your Greta is just so cute and lovely, her hair is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, I love Rebecca as well. She's so cute and I just love her face. That is so exciting that you are making a Laura Ingalls custom. I adored both the books and the TV show and I just love that time period. I always thought that I would love to do a custom Dr. Quinn (Medicine Woman) Barbie someday. :)

      Delete