Pages

Thursday, August 21, 2014

Littlest Pet Shop-Thrifty Throwback Thursday

Hello everyone!  I had a crazy day at work today, how was your day?  Everyone was in crisis mode it seemed..that is one of the hardest things about being a nurse-too many patients and only one of you to go around!  Ah, well, I made it through the day and am feeling much better then yesterday ;)

Today I wanted to share a few shots of some adorable toys that were given to me by one of my coworkers.  This is the same nurse that gave me all of these awesome games.

   Check out this jack-pot

 I love second-hand toys so very much.  My girls are still pretty little and I don't really like spending money on lots of toys for them when, in reality, after the initial excitement wears off, the toy gets stuffed in a bin, un-played with until a friend comes over and plays with it and all the sudden it is THE TOY TO HAVE.

Ya'll know just what I am talking about.  (I am so not Southern and feel funny typing that, but I really do love "ya'll" and wish I could get away saying it in real life) :}

Gahhh, beyond cute!

I honestly didn't know "what" they were at first and had to look them up. They look to be The Littlest Pet Shop gang.  Made by Hasbro, this toy line has been around for a while and the lucky little girl who had them before us had QUITE a collection. 

Eeeeeee, love the folded hand-legs.

Just keep swimming, just keep swimming.

Cheeky chihuahua.

I didn't really intend to do a post about these toys, but once I started taking photos, I couldn't stop!  They are so darn cute and as a gal with a Zoology degree, I just can't resist all of the different critters that were floating around this inside of that cardboard box.  

The walrus...

The myopic owl....


I had to snap shots quickly as Little Button was very curious as to what I was doing and her natural tendency toward chaos and destruction was running rampant on this particular evening.  See the little foot ready to strike?  :}

The fuzzy penguin....

The canine brigade...although, now that I am looking at this closely, that is probably a rabbit in the middle!

Meow!
(LB is ready to rumble in the back)

My real cat, Fozzie (yes, like the bear) was not as impressed as we were. 

A rainbow ribbon of birds.

Quite possibly the cutest turtles I've ever seen (and a fallen bird at the mercy of Little Button)

Miscellaneous woodland creatures...is that a sloth on the end, do you think? :):)

Even more cats and kittens...

And last but not least...the fish and spiders.  Any toy line that can make a spider that cute gets an A in my book. 

So obviously, this is not a review of the Littlest Pet Shop toys what-so-ever.  Lets face it, I am not a true reviewer...I don't have the time or energy to do my research.  I'm just a little bit (or alot!) of a weirdo that likes to take photos of toys and dolls and share them with fellow bloggers ;)
I really have no idea if these toys are still being sold in stores or what their original prices were, but I do know, that for a child in the 2-5 year old range, these were and still are a HUGE HIT.
The girls have played with these every single day since we got them a few weeks ago so I highly recommend them if you happen upon them at your local thrift shop or garage sale. I am planning on donating a portion of the stash to our local shop as we have quite an abundance and some repeat characters. 

Welcome to our family, little frog :)


I hope you all have a nice, stress-free Friday and I hope you visit again.  I'm still working on editing our trip to the Adirondacks in case any of you are interested in seeing some lovely Northeastern Mountains. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment