Pages

Saturday, November 4, 2017

Updates!

I can't believe I didn't post anything for the whole month of October!  That's the first time I skipped a month since I started blogging in 2014. :(
Ah well, it is what it is and I'm back now. :)

I just wanted to pop in and say hi and share a few updates.
As always I have tons of doll stuff to share, but I'm at the point where I'm not sure where to start, so I'm hoping to dive in soon with some new dolls I got.

Also, I started a new blog!  It's called Sitting By the Creek and it's going to be focused more on non-doll related stuff like photos around the farm, the kids, any little travels we do and any non-doll crafts like my crochet and cross stitch projects.
I have one post up about my sister's wedding that I've been meaning to share since last year.  It was an Autumn themed wedding and so gorgeous so I figured it'd be fine to still share it, haha.  We can pretend it was just a few weeks ago!


Additionally, I wanted to share a tiny secret.  My name "in real life" is Abby (short for Abigail), but I go by Farrah in blogland.  When I started blogging, I had all intentions of remaining totally anonymous, but now that I'm further along, I don't mind being "the real me" once in a while.
I will still go by Farrah over there (and here), but if I slip up and you see me leave a comment under the name "Abby" that's me! :)
Also, my instagram account that's focused on nature photography here in the Northeast is under this name @abigailmqc if you're interested in following that as well.


I'm going to keep this blog for all of my doll related stuff so it's better for readers that don't care about the personal side of things and are just here for the dolls!



Lastly, we just returned home from a week at Disney World in Orlando so I will have more posts on my new blog up soon to share those photos from our trip.  (It was so fun!)
I'm definitely focused on growing my Disney collection at the moment so I have a few dolls to share as well as TONS of doll makeovers that I want to try to get done.  The un-boxing project is almost complete, but still struggling with the organization aspect.


I hope you're all doing well.  I need to take a day off from work so I can catch up with all of your blogs and see what you've all been up to!


See you soon,
Farrah (aka Abby, lol) xoxo



6 comments:

  1. Good to see you posting again Farrah aka Abby, I will probably continue to call you Farrah as I'm kinda used to it now. :) I have never minded life being included in a dolly blog, it helps to get to know our blogging buddies better. Love the photo of your sister, the tartan is an unusual one and perfect for an autumn themed wedding. :)
    Hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks X! Yes I'm glad you're still calling Miss Sarah because I'm used to it here as well :-) thank you for the compliments about my sister and her husband, and I don't believe that is his family tartan, but instead one that he chose for the wedding based on the coloring (as you noticed!). xx

      Delete
  2. Glad to see you're back! I was a little confused when you left your comments on my blog under the name Abby, but I figured I'd find out why sooner or later!

    I think sometimes organizing *can* take a lot of time. So often it feels like trial and error, to see what works for us and our space/budget. Keep going!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Barb! Yeah, I wasn't sure why it switched to "Abby" for my comment, but I figured you'd notice it was me, lol.
      Yes, almost all of the dolls are open, which made me feel so much better. Having neat bins of dolls is much better than tons of boxes everywhere. I'm still working out what I want to display and figuring out which shelves to get so yes, definitely a work in progress!

      Delete
  3. Lovely to see you posting, I too have been absent a lot from blogging since the summertime, I haven't been able to get motivated to blog much to be honest.
    I loved your post about your sisters wedding, what a beautiful and memorable day. :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete