Pages

Thursday, February 26, 2015

Autumn Flashbacks with Apple White (Legacy Day)

Hi guys!  I have a quick mini-review of the very first Ever After High doll I purchased back in September.  

Apple White Legacy Day. 

Random one for a first EAH doll, I know.  She's not my favorite character,  but I happened to notice her at my local Walmart and something about her lured me in.  
Girl's got it going on. 



Apple White Legacy Day
Take a good look at the purse, because this is the only photo of it! :} 

For those of you that don't know, Ever After High dolls are a series of characters that represent the "sons and daughters" of classic fairy-tale legends.  Apple White is the daughter of Snow White. 

I am in love with this doll line (maybe even more so than Monster High) and have really enjoyed the webisodes which you can view any time at the Ever After High website. 

Originally I didn't care very  much for her character as I felt she was very superficial and a little irritating, but as I continued to watch the episodes, I really grew to like and admired that she was trying to be a better person. :) 

As you can see, she comes with a brush (shaped like a key), stand, purse and a "legacy book" that comes with a tiny little key. Instead of a headband, she comes with a crown that is attached by rubber bands to appear as though it is easily resting on her head. 


Apple White Legacy Day 

Classic Apple White

Here's a comparison of Legacy Day and the original Apple.  There are very similar as you can see, but LD's features are a little more petite and her makeup seems a bit more natural.  Her hair is also parted on the opposite side.


After de-boxing Apple, Pumpkin Pie and I went for a walk and decided to take Apple with us for a little woodsy photo-shoot.



See that tiny apple ring on her finger?  This photo is the last I saw if it!  Whoops.  

Legacy Day is a special night for all of the students at Ever After High.  It's the night where each character signs the Book of Legends, sealing their fate to carry on their parents' legacy.
Apple eagerly signs as she can't wait to follow in her mother's footsteps, meet her prince and live happily ever after.




Little assistant, setting the scene :}


Apple is completely in her element when she's in the woods. 


Her face paint is beautiful.  She has very natural eye shadow with a touch of glitter under the brow bone.  Her lips are a frosty ruby red.


As we were taking photos, Apple took a moment to summon the animals. 




Her animal attracting skills must have been working as we stumbled across these two cutie pies in the field at the edge of the woods.


Two little fawns basking in the sun and munching on grass :) 


Mama 


Apple's magic was starting to wear off and within a few moments, this little trio pranced off into the woods.
We love you, deer!

Next we headed back to the house and got Little Button up from her nap.  The photo shoot was still going strong so we found this little apple tree and got to it. 










Autumn was a beautiful time here on the farm, but we are still going strong with winter at the moment.  This has been the 2nd coldest February on record my husband tells me and I completely believe him!  I am surprised February has gone by this fast though, and it's hard to believe spring will be here in 4 weeks.

Hope you have a great weekend!  
Thank you, once again, and always, for stopping by. 
 :)  xoxo

16 comments:

  1. Hello Farrah,
    What lovely pictures. she is a great doll. LOVE those shoes!
    Big hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Giac! I know, I wish I could get a pair of those killer heels in my size! ;) Hugs back xo

      Delete
  2. Hello from Spain: great review. Nice pics .. keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a very cute doll and looks lovely in the natural setting of the woods surrounding your lovely farm. I really loved seeing the deer, what an amazing site to see those on your walk :)
    hugs Sharon in Spain xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon! We were both amazed to see them just standing there and not running away from us. I don't think the fawns were nervous at all, but after a few minutes Mom decided it was time to get out of there! :)

      Delete
  4. Hahaha, I love the little assistant. It's so cool to see a little girl who helps her mum to play with her toys instead of damaging them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks..little assistant is the best! Yes, for a 5 year old, she is very good and careful of dolls, she's very respectful of their hair and being gentle with them, which is great! My 2 year old on the other hand....lol. :)

      Delete
  5. Great photos! I too am so ready for spring. I think part of my problem is we had such a mild December and even in to January and then WHAM! Plus, we haven't had a complete melt off since this all started which isn't typical at all. Pretty sad when you would be happy to look at brown grass and mud LOL. Warmer temps are in the forecast though, yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Flo, I will take the mud at this point as well, lol. We must live in a similar area as we have had the same weather pattern. I was just thinking yesterday that we haven't had any "freakishly" warm days like we usually would have at this point. More snow in the forecast for us tomorrow, but it should be in the 40s by Wednesday...that will feel like summer, haha.

      Delete
    2. Yeah, by now we should have had at least one or two days where you can go out wearing a hoodie! We had 8 inches of snow yesterday, blech. We have one day with negative temps overnight and from there it is looking pretty good. Get out the bikini's!!!

      (I am in W PA, midway between Erie and Pittsburgh. We get a lot of lake effect snow here)

      Delete
    3. Oh yes...lake effect snow! I went to college near Lake Ontario so I know exactly what you are talking about. It was snowing here today too! And more this week. Whoo hoo!

      Delete
  6. She looks amazing photographed outside. Thanks for sharing this beautiful doll.
    Jen @ DollsBetweenUs.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jen! I agree...she's really fun to pose and take pictures of outdoors. :)

      Delete