Pages

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Red Leaves and Waterfalls

Today, while I was walking outside during my break at work, I saw a fallen red leaf on the ground.

 An AUTUMN leaf.  Yikes...summer always seems to fly by so quickly here in the Northeast.   I love each season in it's own way, but I have to admit..when I see my first fallen leaf I always feel a tiny twinge of remorse knowing that my beloved summer is on it's way out.  Thank goodness for cozy sweaters, afghans, apple cider donuts and pumpkin spice lattes to help ease the pain ;)

I am still working on editing some photos from our trip up to the Adirondack a few weeks ago, but I wanted to share some from a nearby waterfall we went to visit.

 I absolutely love anywhere that involves water.  My favorite place to be is by the ocean, but somehow, I just feel more at peace...present, when I am near a body of water. 

When I was younger, I used to come here with friends and we would sunbathe on the rocks and climb all the way to the top of these beautiful "step-like" falls.  The sound of water moving is very soothing and just watching it swirl about and dance in different directions is so relaxing to me.

Pumpkin Pie loves it too :)

It's funny how each of us can be drawn to certain places or feel closer to themselves in specific locations and environments, but I know  for me, it's bodies of water.  I'm actually a Pisces so maybe that's why :}
I hope you all have a nice rest of your week and thanks again for stopping by!

2 comments: