Pages

Sunday, August 24, 2014

Coffee and Crotchet

Good morning!   This morning, I woke up to a bright sunny day.  Love it.  The weather is calling for sunshine and low 80s (27ish C) and I was actually up for a good while before LB and PP woke up.  J was already awake, had his coffee and was out and about at the old house finishing out cleaning the garage so I had the whole morning to myself!  Holy Mary.  

This is a pretty rare occurrence and when it happens I soak. it. up.  It is truly a treat and something I completely took for granted before I had kids.  

I grabbed my coffee and crochet bag and headed out on the porch for the most relaxing cup of Joe I have had in probably over a year!  I actually finished the whole cup without reheating it (which normally, I have to at least 4 times) :)  


Heavenly.


Fozzie came over to check out my progress on Pumpkin Pie's Elsa blanket.  Slow-going, guys, I'm not going to lie!



I sat out here for almost 45 minutes sipping and crocheting before Pumpkin Pie woke up and joined me.    I love these quiet moments with her.  Such a good little egg she is.  In a week and a half she will be starting Kindergarten!! :} 


Yesterday was J and my 6th year wedding anniversary and prior to the move, he and I had planning on dropping the girls off at my Mom's and going camping (tent) at a state beach park in Connecticut for 2 days. This would've been the first time in 5 yrs that we went away for more than 1 night away from the kids.  At the last minute, we ended up canceling the trip, so I'm a bit bummed about that as the weather would've been AMAZING (and we never have luck with that anytime we go to the ocean.)  There was just too much to do with the old house in order to get it ready for the renters that are coming in after us next week.
Hopefully we can take a day away in the fall to visit New England or the beach and if not, there's always next year!  
I hope you all have a nice, relaxing Sunday where ever you are! 


No comments:

Post a Comment