Pages

Monday, November 16, 2015

Barbie's New Bod (Made to Move Barbie)

Happy Monday (blech!)
Tonight, I wanted to share a few photos of the amazing new "Made to Move" Barbie, I just purchased last week from Amazon.
I hadn't even heard of this doll until I saw her photographed and posing like a dream on one of my favorite Instagram accounts for fashion dolls (@kid_md_plays).
I wanted to share a few quick photos of her in case you were interested to see the amazing articulation she has!

Stretch it out, girl!

These Barbies retail for about $14.99.  That part I couldn't believe. 
There are 3 different Barbies available...Barbie, Pink Top , Barbie (Teresa), Blue Top and 
and Barbie (Asian facemold), Purple Top.  According to the packaging, it looks like there will be a dark skinned Barbie coming out as well. I hope they make these in lots of different skin tones.

When I checked Amazon, the only one still in stock was Teresa, which was perfect because she's my favorite! They must have sold out pretty quickly at first, but I'm sure they will be back in stock soon. 


She comes dressed in a simple blue top with black, cropped yoga pants.  She does not come with any shoes. 


Her facial screening is simple, yet beautiful.  Her eyes are hazel-ish grey and I love her bold brows! Very Brook Shields in that Blue Lagoon movie.  
(Gosh, I need to re-watch those movies..I used to love them!) 

Image found here

I think I will call her Brooke too. :) 


My favorite facial feature of hers are her double dimples!  You can see them a little better in this black and white photo. :) 

Now onto her articulation! 
Warning...nude photos of developed doll figure are below....

Right??
It's like a Liv body for Barbies..but even better! 


What impressed me the most was her elbow joints, which are similar to the new large scale Monster High dolls that came out this past summer.  Her chest plate is flexible as well giving her wonderful variety of expressions and poses. 


Not only does she have awesome flexibility in her knees and elbows, you can rotate her upper arms and thighs to add even more creative posing.  



We can meditate together! 





Overall, I am so impressed. 

I am excited to see other peoples' reviews of her in the coming days.
Sorry this isn't more of a detailed review. :\
 I enjoy photographing my dolls, but just don't have the time to set up a good quality review so I hope someone does one here in Blogland.  I am fairly certain Emily will be all over this!  

Now if they could only put these bodies on those gorgeous Fashionistas, we'd be all set. 
$14.99...you just can't beat the price!  
Yay Mattel!
Yay Barbie!
xo



Disclaimer:  I recently signed up for the Amazon Affiliates program.  If you would like to support this blog,  please consider using my Amazon link on the top left side bar for any happy Amazon shopping you might do (or click directly on the link to the specific product) and a teeny tiny commission would be generated for this blog to be used for doll reviews and upcoming giveaways.  It does not cost anything for you at all.
If you have your own Amazon Affiliates link, let me know and I will go through yours as well!  (I do a lot of shopping on Amazon, lol.)
Thank you so much! :) xoxo

35 comments:

  1. Ahhh I've seen like product photos of these lovelies but not a review yet!! I so so so hope to get one! I DIED when I saw the articulation!! IT'S AMAZING!!!! Thanks for posting these great pics and such a fabulous review :-*
    -Lydia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lydia! I know, I was so surprised when I saw them on Instagram!! I don't think I even really gave her justice to all of the poses she is capable of. ;) I really hope they continue with this articulation!

      Delete
  2. I love that technology is creating more options in design. I remeber many, many years ago when I had a Sindy doll. I could never get her to sit in a chair...she more or less rested on it. Very cool =0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pepper,
      I know what you mean! The days of the "90 angle arms" and hinged hips with click knees seem so long ago. This doll can do so much! It's interesting to think of what they will come up with in another 20 years, lol.

      Delete
  3. I love this new body! It is perfect for doll photography. Thanks for showing us nude pictures, it was very interesting to see all of her joints. I will be definitely getting one of these and then I will change her head with one of the Fashionistas's heads (hopefully the skin tone will be a match) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Margaret Ann,
      I think these will be very popular with collectors and photographers! I believe they are also coming out with a dark skinned one and I hope they continue to release these in lots of different skin tones. Mine seems to be a bit tanner than traditional Barbie, and the Asian one seems even lighter. I would love to see some photos if you decides to do a body swap!

      Delete
  4. I think I still have a similar Barbie from the 90's, they didn't make very many of them (I need to go digging through my stuff now!). The biggest issue with them then was that they gave them these enormous, flat feet, so regular Barbie footwear didn't fit. Glad to see they have decided to give it another try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Flo, wow, I didn't realize they made a Barbie like this in the 90s. That was right about the time when Barbie's sort of fell of the radar for me. (I was a teenager..."too cool" lol). I'm glad to see they switched to this body style as well! :)

      Delete
  5. Hello Farrah Lily, your new doll is really amazing. I love her face, her hair and most of all her fully articulated body. If the combine her with the fashionista doll I saw on Debbie's blog yesterday, I might get myself a barbie doll.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Thammie!
      I know, I agree with you!! I love the Fashionista faces...it would be amazing if they made them like this as well! You should definitely get one..they are so fun to photograph. :)

      Delete
  6. This body is great and reminds me very much of the Obitsu bodies which have the double jointed knees and elbows which creat so many additional posing options. It's great that Barbie now comes with this body, I'm sure kids will love it....just like adult collectors obviously do. So much better!
    Hugs Sharon in Spain x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sharon,
      Yes, you're right! I was trying to think of the name of those Obitsu bodies...I think kids will like it too...my daughters were all over this and the liked to sit her in a chair and do "gymnastics" with her, lol. It's definitely a huge hit for collectors as well I can tell! Everyone wants them for body donations!
      Hugs back! :)

      Delete
  7. I love seeing how flexible this doll is - awesome (and your photos of her are great)!

    I wish they could take some of this articulation and give it to the Fashionista line as well, but hey, maybe someday. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks jSarie! I hope so too. Even if they increased the price of the Fashionistas to $14.99 (which is what this one cost) it wouldn't be that much more expensive!

      Delete
  8. Ok I think I am going to splurge and get all of them if I can find them. Are they in the stores yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi grandmommy...I haven't heard of them hitting stores yet, to be honest. I found mine on Amazon.com. I think they sold out pretty quickly as now they are listed around $35. Definitely wait for them to come back ino stock though, or hit stores because they should only be $14.99. :)

      Delete
  9. Hey! I didn't see these or that price on the Mattel site or anywhere else! Hmmmm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know...I never would have even heard of them if I didn't see someone post about ordering them on my Instagram feed. Odd. They weren't on my radar at all!

      Delete
  10. Oh, now these I want absolutely! I would even consider trying to make some clothes for these Barbies despite their size! I love the one you chose, the dimples are so cute and I agree about the eyebrows :-). Mattel made some lovely face sculpts, I really like the new Barbies a lot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, Linda! I wasn't the hugest "modern" Barbie fan last year, but this year, I am in love with the faces. And now these bodies...I guess I am collecting Barbie now, lol. ;)

      Delete
  11. *GASP* BARBIES??? ON LIV BODIES??? BUT MADE BY MATTEL!!!! Oh my goodness me, I have to get one of these! I love the articulation!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats of getting her! I too love this articulation. I actually bought several of each of the skin tones to have as body replacements for Amazon at the $14.99 price. Over on Flickr, I was teased about being the reason others couldn't get one! I am still working on my review which includes comparisons to other poseable bodies. My only complaint with these dolls is that the Asian and Barbie versions have severe glue head problems. One of them had glue oozing out onto her neck. Since these are still considered pre-production dolls, I hope they fix that on the production dolls. I also am excited to see the AA skin tone. I heard that it will most likely be the Grace skintone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Phyllis! That is so funny about Flickr..I will have to find you on there! I'm so glad you will be doing a more comprehensive review. I am sorry to hear about the glue issue...luckily I haven't noticed that on mine yet. I'm interested in seeing the body and skin tone comparisons as well. If they restock Amazon or if I can find them in shelves I definitely want a couple more for body doubles. I only have a couple of Fashionistas that would need replacing, but I would love to get one for my Grace Kelly Barbie! :)

      Delete
  13. They are lovely. Unfortunately, Amazon won't ship them to Australia. So it looks like I will have to wait - or buy on Ebay where the prices start at $24.99

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really? I'm sorry to hear that. I always forget that Amazon works differently in different countries. I hope they become easily available for you soon. They are still listed at really high prices now so it doesn't seem like they've come back into stock yet.
      xo

      Delete
  14. Wow, I can't believe those dolls are already for sale! I think I'll put some on my Christmas wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  15. She looks like a Brooke!

    I'm having a giveaway! http://spreadingmyjoy.blogspot.com/2015/12/winner-of-kittykatworkshop-giveaway-and.html

    Allie D.
    www.spreadingmyjoy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for sharing Farrah, this body is amazing! I was looking forward for some actual pictures. Now I'm so tempted to buy some to rebody my favourite MM girls.....I never rebodied any but there are so many tutorials around!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi. I enjoy your blog. I think I first discovered the MTM barbies here. I've spend almost two months looking for the Asha and finally saw a few on eBay. Just thought I'd share.

    ReplyDelete
  18. She is great! I also have one of them ( darkskined doll: Asha). I love this series of Mattel... :)))

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Farrah Lily! Do you know of a currently sold Made To Move Barbie that has a skin tone close to the old lighter skinned Blue Top Made To Move Yoga Barbie you have? I have the hardest time finding something similar for a head swap. Not expecting a perfect match, but the closest. I’m wondering if the blond gray top yoga MTM, the blond baseball player MTM, or something else currently sold is a close match. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Farrah Lily! Do you know of a currently sold Made To Move Barbie that has a skin tone close to the old lighter skinned Blue Top Made To Move Yoga Barbie you have? I have the hardest time finding something similar for a head swap. Not expecting a perfect match, but the closest. I’m wondering if the blond gray top yoga MTM, the blond baseball player MTM, or something else currently sold is a close match. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am a Barbie doll collector and when I came across your outstanding note and photos WOW You are a gem!!! I love the many Disney Princesses and Prince The Twilight Saga and also Daytime drama Like Deidre Hall Marlena and Susan Lucci bride and evening gown. Other soap stars like Luke and Laura Hope and Bo Holly and Robert WOW what a sell and collection lets not forget Ms, Chancellor and Ruth Warric I saw this Barbie made to move PLEASE keep in touch I am calling her Holly Sutton and yes Brooke Sheild Lady, YOUR on the move to the top I love barbies and Thank you ,,,happy holidays Nicole,

    ReplyDelete