Pages

Saturday, January 23, 2016

Liebster Award 2016:)

Hi everyone!  I hope your weekend is going nicely so far.
I was recently nominated by the lovely Barb from My Little Doll Corner to share my answers for the 2016 Liebster Award.
Thanks so much, Barb! :)


RULES:
Thank the person who presented you the award and link back to their blog
Post the award image on your blog. 
Answer 11 questions posted by the presenter. 
Nominate 5 blogs with less than 200 followers. 
Create 11 questions for the nominees to answer. 
List these rules in your post. Inform the people you chose of their nomination by leaving a comment on their blog and link them your post.


1. What was the first doll or figure that started your collection?
The first doll I purchased that started this whole thing was a Blythe Neo doll called Misha tebyA lyublyU.  I got her during Christmas 2013.
It was love at first site and I originally got her for my daughter, but quickly took her back for myself as Pumpkin Pie had no interest in her. You can read one of very first posts I did here!




2. Is there a retired doll or doll line that you'd like to bring back?
I hope they bring Kirsten back from the Historical American Girl line.  She was my absolute favorite character and her stories were my favorite books to read when I was younger.  I also wish they would make some of the older Disney Limited Edition dolls again as I missed out on a lot that I would've loved to own.


3. Have you ever acquired a grail doll?
Yes, my 3 Cinderella scupt Tonner dolls! (Strawberry Blonde Cinderella, Nu Mood Jess and The Sun.) My current grail doll is the Limited Edition Ariel and Eric Disney couple doll.  They are pretty pricey on Ebay though! My grail doll seems to change from time to time.


4. What are you looking forward to in 2016?
As far as personal life, I'm looking forward to my twin's sister's upcoming wedding this fall in Lake Placid!
As for dolls, I want to try to do more with them in terms of crafts and maybe sewing. I have 2 AGs that I want to switch wigs on.  I want to do a bunch of hair makeovers for my MH and EAH dolls and try repainting a Monster High face as we have a broken Abbey and a broken Catrine that I could practice on. :)


5. Do you have a favorite doll line or manufacturer?
Yes, as for fashion lines, my favorites are Tonner 16 inch dolls, Hot Toys (espeically the Star Wars gang) and Integrity Toys.  Ironically, I don't really have any other than my 3 Tonners from any of these manufactures due to their higher price tag, but I love looking at the photos of them!  I also love Barbie, American Girl, Monster High, Ever After High, My Little Pony, Disney and vintage Care Bears.


6. Any doll lines that you've moved on from?
Not yet, although I've stepped away from Tonner a little in order to save money.  I have been more specific about what I want to collect and have been better at resisting stuff that falls into the "get it just to have it" category.


7. Do you have an idea what dolls you would like to acquire this year?
I want to continue with my Monster and Ever After High collections, although I most likely won't be collecting too many  of the reboot versions.  I also hope to get GOTY Lea as well as Beforever Addy this year. I have many more on my AGs list, but those are the two that I definitely want to get this year.


8. What would your dream doll accessory be? I'm talking things like furniture or a car or a set of dishes.
Oh gosh, I honestly don't know.  I don't collect accessories at the moment, but I hope someday to build a 70s style 1/6 scale house/diorama so any cute accessories and furniture from that time period would be fun!  I also love mini vintage looking phones.


9. If you were to write a paper on an era of doll history, which era would you pick?
I'm not sure if I could pick one specific era as I think the whole timeline is very interesting.  Instead, I would love to visit some sort of doll history museum to see dolls in person, especially very early and primitive dolls that were made out of clay, corn husks and whatever material people had on hand.  Kids have such vivid imaginations and can create such personality and character with the simplest of things.
I could draw a face on a toilet paper roll and my 3 year old would have a whole story sorted out about it within the hour. :)


10. Do you do any creative activities related to your doll collection?
For me, photography is my creative outlet so I love photographing my dolls outside in nature.  I love posting photos to this blog, of course as well as my Flickr and Instagram accounts!
I have a desire to sew and creative little outfits for them as well as to start building some simple dioramas or rooms for me to be able to incorporate into my photography, but struggle a little to find the free time right now to do this.

11. How do dolls fit into your everyday life?
Since I have 2 small daughters dolls are just everywhere.  I still love to play dolls with my daughters and we play almost daily with their dolls.  For me, dolls create such a simple, but strong feeling inside me that brings me back to my childhood.
I enjoy just looking at them, brushing their hair and thinking of different ways to pose and photograph them. During nursing school, when I did my clinical at a nursing home, often times I would see an elderly woman sitting in her wheelchair with a doll or stuffed animal in her lap providing her so much comfort and love. I think dolls are just one of those things you can allow yourself to unconditionally love.
It's an extremely fun hobby that brings me happiness and sparks my creativity  almost every day and I'm glad we all have each other to share it with!

Here are the 5 blogs I nominate if you are interested (because I am interested in your answers!)
Arlette from Thammie et Compagnie
Serenata from How Many Dolls?
Smaller Places (I'm not sure what your first name is!)
Margaret Ann from Margaret Ann's Dolls
Phylls from A Day in the Life of My Dolls

Well, we're off to the mall to spend some Barnes and Nobles gift cards (yay!) and then I'm taking the girls to a local indoor pool for some swimming.  Pumpkin Pie made a lot of gains this summer with finally going underwater and swimming on her own so I don't want her to lose it! :)
I hope you all have a great weekend.  Stay warm!
Farrah xo




16 comments:

  1. Thank you for participating! I loved your answers! I liked Kirsten too, although it won't be the same if they bring her back as BeForever. But just to have a chance to buy the doll again at retail would be nice, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I agree...she will look totally different so it wouldn't really be the same! I love her collection and am sad I missed out. Ah well. :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Farrah Lily! Thank you for nominating me. It was nice ready your answers. Should answer the same questions you were asked or do yo have new questions for us? I will do my best and answer them tomorrow evening.
    I hope you had fun at Barnes and Nobles then at the swimming pool with your daughters.
    Take care,
    Arlette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! :) We didn't end up going to the pool. It was just too cold out, nobody wanted to get their hair wet!

      Delete
  3. Love reading your answers. It is always fun to get to know more about a fellow doll collector! Thank you for the nomination! I will post my responses this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Phyllis, I look forward to reading your answers :)

      Delete
  4. Hello from Spain: congratulations about this award. I like reading your answers. Keepin touch

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always love seeing these tags go around; It was great to read your answers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I love these tags! It was fun to read your answers also. :)

      Delete
  6. This was lovely and interesting to read, it's so nice to know a bit more about you. I didn't realise that a Blythe started it all off for you. I have Blythes too and need to photograph them more. My favourite is my Heather Sky that I customised myself.
    I think you should give sewing a go, I'm sure you will enjoy it, it's such fun!
    I also look forward to seeing the AGs you're going to add to your collection :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sharon,
      I remember your Blythe dolls from some of your earlier posts and I remember Heather Sky as well! Thank you for your kind words! :) xo

      Delete
  7. Your first doll are adorable! She looks so nice and natural like a little hippy ))). It was interesting to know about your doll collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Erica! I agree..she looks very folksy and that is definitely what drew me to her. :)

      Delete
  8. It was wonderful to find out more about you and your collection! I agree that maybe they should think about bringing back Kirsten, though I am of the opinion, I doubt they will.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa! You may be right about Kirsten. I prefer the Josefina mold anyway and can probably just make my own version of her and get some of her clothing/accessories used on Ebay. :) I just noticed that they re-released a new version of her mini doll so I would be happy with that!

      Delete