Pages

Saturday, April 25, 2015

Early Spring on the Farm

Spring is here, but it "springs" to life very slowly here in the Northeast.  
Here's a few photos from around the farm I took a few weeks ago.  
Things have since gotten a little greener, but it sure is taking it's sweet time!  
We actually had two days where it snowed a little this week. :)  Brrrr....


Ginny the guinea hen and one of the chickens enjoying breakfast alongside the cows. 


The girls and Casper the friendly calf. :) 




Mama and babies enjoying a break from the spring mud. 


A few enjoying the calf-only pen (they can go in and out as they please) :) 


Pumpkin Pie loving the fresh air and the creek. 


J. breathing in the crisp air, taking in the view and happy to be spending more time outdoors. 


Pushing her sister. :) 


Warming up slowly!  There's the last of the snow on the hill! 
I think this was the day where it got in the 70s.  Sunshine bliss! 



Here's a couple of  Mini Lalaloopsies from the Easter Bunny. :) 

Last night J. took Pumpkin Pie to the Father/Daughter dance at her school.  Today I'm taking the girls to lunch with one of my friends-we both started our current jobs together when Pumpkin Pie and her youngest were 4 months old so I am always grateful for her friendship as we were great supports for each other during that first year of a new job with a small baby at home!
Tomorrow, I think will hopefully be a day of relaxing.  (As much relaxing you can do with a 5 and 2 year old, lol. )

I hope you are all having a warm and refreshing weekend!
-Farrah- xoxo

12 comments:

  1. Lucky you - you have so many animals on the farm. I love watching cows - they have the most clever and beautiful eyes of all animals (but I have to admit that I would never dare to touch any of them - they're so big and scary!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, these ones aren't scary at all...they are very curious and cautious and much more afraid of us! The bulls in the other field are a different story, though. I am afraid of them!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It really is! I have enjoyed walking around here every day on my lunch break (sunshine or snow!)

      Delete
  3. Lovely pictures Farrah, early spring is a wonderful time of the year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, billa :) I agree and it's so nice to see something new growing each day!

      Delete
  4. Gosh the farm looks cold and stark after the winter...hopefully the spring growth will come forth soon and the weather will warm up. I love seeing farms in different parts of the world, often so different to those in New Zealand where I grew up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The brown and gray can make it look very stark, I agree! It's usually around 60 F (15 C) this time of year, but we've been having an unusually cold spring this year. I can't wait until things become greener. I also love seeing different parts of the world and how the seasons change so differently. :)

      Delete
  5. I miss springtime on the farm, but it was a lot of work too! It is so nice that you are giving your daughters this experience. I especially loved spring because of all of the little baby animals in the springtime. As kids, we loved the little calves, fouls, piggies,lambs, chicks, puppies and kitties! We often bottle fed some of the babies for various reasons. We had a pet lamb named Skinny that would always meet us down by the end of the driveway when we would get off the school bus. We spend hours playing outdoors -- so many fond memories! Thanks for sharing and stirring up those old memories of mine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing your memories! I can also remember bottle-feeding calves and kitties growing up as well. Hours and hours of playing outside..it really is a blessing and I'm so glad we can now enjoy it with our girls as well! :)

      Delete
  6. Lovely photos Farrah, it's great to see your farm and the animals. I hope it warms up completely there soon so that we can see more of your's and the girls adventures in your lovely surroundings!
    Hugs Sharon in Spain x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sharon! I really enjoy seeing your photos as well as I am just craving warmth and sunshine!!

      Delete