Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Christmas Trees and Gingerbread Houses

Happy Christmas season to you all!  My goodness, it's been a busy month for us.  I love it.  My brother and his wife came to visit from sunny Florida and we had such a great time with them this weekend.  They moved down there just about a year ago and we miss them tremendously, so it was such a treat to have time to catch up and hang out.  I feel utterly blessed to have such a great family as my siblings and I are all really close.  I just adore them immensely.  

We put our tree up last weekend and made some gingerbread houses so I hope you enjoy the photos. 
The girls are really getting into the Christmas spirit this year.  Pumpkin Pie has been in full swing now for a few years...really "getting it" and reveling in the excitement of counting down to Christmas Eve.  Little Button is feeding off of that excitement like a little sponge.  




We always break out the eggnog for the first time during the tree decorating.  
Delish....


I scored this little ceremic gem at a garage sale, I love it! 
We had one when I was young..vintage Christmas is what I live for..




Hopefully the cat doesn't try to eat the tinsel as we all know what happens with that...




Pumpkin Pie's Masterpiece.  

J joined in on the fun and his is to the right.  

My little A-frame, wasn't working out so well. :)

Little Button loved hers a little too much and it crashed down with the weight of all of her love :}




Yesterday I was fortunate enough to have the chance to spend the day in New York City with some friends and had just the most amazing time.  I just can't describe the incredible energy I feel down there when I visit and it is especially buzzing with Christmas cheer this time of year.  Magical, really.
Pictures to follow! 

I hope you're all having an a amazing day.  Today's also the first day of Hannukah so a very Happy Hannukah to you as well.  :)

xoxo

6 comments:

  1. Hi Farrah, wow, the tree is beautiful! And the gingerbread houses too, and they look delicious! Can't you e-mail me one? ;-D. Have great Holiday days with your family! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, one is on it's way now, Night Owl ;) Happy Holidays to your family as well! xo

      Delete
  2. Hello from Spain: I really like your Christmas photos. Lovely photos in your house. Merry Christmas. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muchas gracias, Marta :) Feliz Navidad! xo

      Delete
  3. Your tree is beautiful! We also put ours up last weekend. My daughters both do most of it -- I supervise! We are hosting my family's Christmas gathering right after Christmas, so I will have like 16 houseguests for a couple of days! We are trying to get everything ready! So grateful for my daughters as they are such a big help in all of the planning, cleaning and getting ready. I do love Christmas, but it was so much more magical when they were little girls! Have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Enjoy your little ones!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, Phyllis...16 house guests...that sounds like fun! I love having people stay with us. It's so fun to chit-chat into the night and wake up and have brunch together...so much fun. Your daughters sound so sweet and I'm sure they still get a thrill out of the Christmas season and will really enjoy all of the company! -Merry Christmas to you and your family as well! :) xo

      Delete