Pages

Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Completed Anna and Elsa Snowflake Blankets! (Red Heart Dusty Snowflake Throw)



So way back (years ago, lol) I wrote a post telling you guys that I had embarked on a crochet mission to complete two "throws" for my daughters.
Well, I actually finished them LAST fall, but never got around to posting the photos of them so here they are!


I had a lot of fun doing these blankets and they traveled with me on car rides, vacation, the couch, on the beach and I also worked on them during work when I was on hold or in between stressful tasks (I work from home)!   Even though these blankets took me AGES to complete, I was a tiny bit sad to see such a long and relaxing project come to an end.

But I was also really happy to have finally finished them!

Sometimes the fun is in the "making" of things and not the actual finished result. :)


I didn't really know about "blocking" at the time (in order to get more even motiffs) so some of the snowflakes came out a little wonky, but overall, not too bad for a beginner!




I spent so many sunny mornings on the porch with my coffee making these little snowflakes. 



This one was for Pumpkin Pie. 
The Elsa fan. 


This one was for Little Button. 
The Anna fan. 

If anyone is interested in trying this project, I used this snowflake pattern and chose variegated blue/green, white and purple/blue Red Heart acrylic yarn from Walmart.


Some of the strands are unraveling a little and it's not holding up quite as well as I thought it would, but I love seeing them being used to keep warm or build a fort.


Little Button likes to poke her toes through the holes. :)

I hope you guys enjoyed my crafty post even though it didn't involve any dolls.  I had considered trying to make a doll sized mini blanket in this style, but never got around to it.  It would've been cute, though!

As of now, I'm finishing up a cross-stitch project and then will probably start on a new crochet blanket.  I really want to try to make a granny square one for the couch sort of like Amy Farrah Flower's blanket on the Big Bang Theory!

I know a lot of you guys sew, but was curious if any of you crochet as well??  It is so relaxing.
I hope you all have a good week and as always, thanks for reading and see you next time!

xoxo Farrah  

12 comments:

  1. Hello Farrah Lily,
    Those are both gorgeous. I am impressed with your lovely crochet work. the patter is beautiful!
    Big hug
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Giac! They were really fun to make. I wanted to finish them by Christmas that year, but it ended up being the middle of summer. Oh well! :)
      xo

      Delete
  2. I don't crochet, but I do knit. I normally find it relaxing, unless I am trying to learn a new technique. Then, I want to burn all my yarn and give up knitting forever.

    Did you weave the ends in on your snowflakes when you were done with them? You will likely have unraveling issues unless you do that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to laugh at your "I want to burn all my yarn and give up knitting forever" as I totally know what you mean. It can be so frustrating to learn something new! I am a visual learner so I tend to do so much better if I can watch along to a video.
      I did weave in my ends, but I think I got a little lazy towards the end and that's probably why it's unraveling in some parts! I'll have to try better next time.

      Delete
  3. The blankets are very nice. Anna is my favorite but blue is my favorite color;so I can't pick a favorite. I like this post .
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a great job with the blankets. I do not crochet but can knit. This is a nice post. Thank You for sharing.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Farrah!
    Funny how we were both focussing on our crochet this week without even realising it. :) I do love how beautiful your snowflakes look, especially in the photo of the purple one hanging over the rail. Little button must be so happy with it.

    I am pleased you gave us a link to it, I'd like to have a go in miniature sometime (when I get motivated), it could look great on my vintage crib. I don't crochet very often, I mostly knit and sew, however, it's good to have a change every now and then.
    Hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I noticed we were both talking about crochet at the same time as well..too funny!
      I'm hoping to learn how to knit at some point. I'd love to learn how to knit cozy socks some day. I think that pattern would look great in miniature. You could just make a bunch of those little "filler" snowflakes and somehow figure out a way to connect them. :)
      Hugs to you, too xo

      Delete
  6. That turned out great, so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both of those blankets are gorgeous. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete