Pages

Thursday, March 30, 2017

Fairest On Ice-Poppy O'hair the daughter of Rapunzel

Hey gang, 
A few weeks ago we got another big snowstorm here in the North East, so I wanted to share a few photos of one of my favorite Ever After High dolls, Poppy O'Hair from the Fairest on Ice line. 



We found ours at Walmart back in December of 2015 and I believe she was about $19.99.  She was one of those dolls that was always priced high on Amazon because I think she may have been a Walmart exclusive, but I'm not totally sure about that.   Either way, I had been looking for this line for a while and I remember seeing all three (Poppy, Dutchess and Ashlynn) in the store and I bought them all at once!  I NEVER DO THAT.


As you can see, Poppy has much longer hair than we are used to seeing on her. 



Here is the 3 minute webisode from YouTube that introduces and teases the Fairest on Ice Line. 


The doll looks nothing like her cartoon version (the one on the right.) 


At first glace, she looks just like her sister, Holly, but they kept her signature purple streak to help us remember it's Poppy.  I love the details in her accessories.  This was back when Ever After High really seemed to have the budget to add these extra touches.  It's a little hard to tell, but she is also wearing a headband with three snowflakes. 

I love her light makeup. 


She has two delicately painted snowflakes on one cheek and earrings that resemble icicles. 


She wears a metallic corded belt with a scissor detail and dangling snowflake. 


 EAH loves their armbands, so she also comes with a matching corded bracelet wrapped around her forearm.  You can also see the pretty details of her asymmetrical dress here.


Fancy skates. 


Pretty detail on her glittery purple purse. 
She also came with a silver brush and silver stand. 


She's a beautiful doll.  I decided to take her outside for a winter photo shoot, but sometimes I feel like "less is more" so I ditched the accessories for this one.  (Also, I could only find one skate at the time so she is barefoot, lol.)






Have any of you seen promo photos of the new EAH dolls that are coming out?  What are your thoughts?  Some are articulated so that's definitely a plus, but for me, I still haven't fallen in love with their new smaller heads and smiling faces.  Some I like better than others (Blondie), but everything about them is so minimal that I am not very inspired to add them to my collection.
I have so many already that are still in their boxes waiting for their own fun photo shoots and I think the only one I am still actively looking for is Birthday Ball Dutchess.  :)


For next time, I will be sharing with you my thoughts and plans for putting together a proper doll room soon as I just shot a video of how bad it's gotten with my "hoarding" so stay tuned! I really need to organize and figure out what I really want to keep if I want to be stress-free about it and enjoy this hobby again. :)
Hope you all have a good day!

xoxo Farrah 

19 comments:

  1. Wow, that's great that you got all three of those dolls. They seem to have all been super rare, as in, hardly seen in store, and now people are asking a lot of money for these. I think at one point, I had Ashlynn in hand and thought about getting her, but she never appealed to me enough. They're all cute, but Poppy needs some different hairstyles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I only saw them in the store that one time and maybe a handful of others, but they seemed pretty rare in terms of availability!

      Delete
  2. Oops, forgot to add, about the new EAH dolls: I like Blondie as well. I might think about getting Ashlynn, although honestly, just for her skirt. I hope the pattern on the skirt goes all the way around, but I doubt it will.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Ashlynn is probably my 2nd favorite in the reboot line. I think I prefer the closed mouths smiles more. I have to agree with you about the skirt....

      Delete
  3. Poppy O'Hair is gorgeous. I love her colors.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing Poppy O'Hair. She is a beauty.
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  5. What pretty photos, you really have captured the lovely colouring of this girl by photographing her in the snow. She looks like a burst of colours amongst all that crisp whiteness.
    I haven't seen the new dolls that are coming out, but will keep my eyes open now!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sharon! Her colors really pop, don't they? It's a lot of fun to photograph dolls in snow..something to enjoy during the winter. :)
      xo

      Delete
  6. Even the idea of snow makes me shiver, but these photos are glorious. That boot design is quite intricate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you, Muff...it snowed again today! That's early Spring in NY, unfortunately. Next weekend, my sister and I are flying down to Florida to visit my new nephew for a few days and I can't wait for some sunshine! :)

      Delete
  7. Hello Farrah Lily,
    She is a stunning doll. I am really impressed with her accessories!
    Big hug
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Giac! Yes, Ever After High used to go "all out" with their doll accessories. :) I love the tiny scissors. :)
      Hugs to you!

      Delete
  8. An interesting doll with pretty clothes. Can't wait to see your doll room Farrah. :)
    Hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, X!
      I have to admit, the doll room is an unorganized mess and that video will be coming shortly, lol. I am excited for what it is "going to be". :)

      Delete
  9. Love the snow photos! And the way you captured the light on her hair in that first photo is just brilliant! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You always have a great eye for the little details, jS! :)

      Delete
  10. I like soumuch your photos of doll Poppy O'haier are much creativs ideas good job ★

    ReplyDelete