Pages

Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Barbie Sisters Winter Holiday Fun



Hey everyone, 
Today's post is a review of one of my favorite Barbie purchases this winter season called the Barbie Sisters Winter Holiday Fun 4 pack.  
I purchased this pack from Target's website and I believe it was a Target exclusive pack, but I did find it on Amazon as well. (I feel like everything ends up on Amazon.) 

This set originally retailed for $39.99, but I was lucky to have a 20% coupon as well as the 5% Redcard discount and free shipping so that brought the cost down a bit. Always a plus! 


The overall design of this packaging was really appealing to me as it was very colorful and festive. 


The back is cute and they even included a winter poem. (Which, to be honest, I didn't read until I put these photos on blogger, lol.)


Here's Barbie straight out of the box.  She definitely had the worst hair out of the bunch.  There was quite a bit of glue seepage, unfortunately, which gave her a very greasy appearance.
Her outfit, on the other hand, is very cute and colorful and her facial screening/face up is very pretty.


Skipper. straight out of the box, had the best hair of them all.  It wasn't until after I did a boil wash that I realized she had some glue seepage as well, unfortunately.


Stacie had really nice hair straight out of the box and it was very soft with no glue whatsoever.  I usually prefer a more natural looking face up for Stacie, so she looks a bit overdone to me, but heck...sometimes you just need to get glammed up for sledding so good for her. :)


Chelsea had some pretty messed up hair straight out of the box, but straightened right out with a boil wash and looked great. 


Here's a body type comparison.  They all have that slightly cheap hollow-ish plastic body that is typical of Fashionistas.  All have flat feet except for Barbie. The knees are completely fixed (not clickable) and they each have 5 points of articulation at the neck, shoulders, and hips.  The 3 older girls have ball jointed hips with some side-to-side flexibility.  Chelsea's are just hinged so her legs can only go front to back.  As you can see, Chelsea's pink tights are painted on.


Barbie has a beautiful, sweet face and her lips are very pretty.  I ended up brushing talc powder through her hair in an effort to soak up some of that glue and it worked pretty well.  Despite her now smelling like a gentleman's club locker room, hair hair feels so much better.  I have heard of the "Goo Gone" method of removing glue, which I think I will try next time.


Barbie's clothes and (glam) ice-skates. I really appreciate that the scarves on both her and Stacie were removable.


Skipper's facial close up.  For some reason, her lip/mouth screening makes her look a little irritated to me.  She has beautiful eyes, though.


Skipper's outfit, snowboard and helmet. 


Stacie's facial close-up.  I love that she has those pretty hazel eyes. 


Stacie's outfit and sled. 


Chelsea's facial close up.  Look at those blue eyes! 


Chelsea's outfit and hat. 

Next, during one of my lunch break walks, I shoved Skipper and Stacie in my coat for some outdoor pics. They were so much fun to pose!









I wish I could snowboard.  Fun fact:  I tried a few times in college and it was a total fail, lol.  Maybe I just need to buy a snowboard and practice on the hills by my house sometime.  Or maybe skiing is easier?  Maybe I should just get snow shoes.
:)


Behind the scenes!  You can see I had Ever After High Poppy Fairest on Ice with me as well as I was also taking some photos for my Instagram and Flickr accounts. :) 


Now we're back inside on a little make shift winter set I made from some fake winter village snow and a winter village backdrop I found at Walmart. 


Cuties :) 


Overall, I really love this set.  I'm not the hugest fan of the glue/hair Barbie even though it did get better after the talc powder treatment, but no matter.  I can always swap her out for a different Barbie as I have several others that look just like her.  The outfits are a total win for me, though as I love that they are so colorful and fun and who can resist "winter wear"??  I can't.


I hope you guys enjoyed this review and thank you, as always for stopping by the blog today.
I felt this was a great time to post this particular doll set since we got about 2 feet of snow yesterday! Or least it feels like that with all drifts we have now from the wind.
See you next time!
xo Farrah 

19 comments:

  1. The girls look happy to be outside. I love Chelsea's little skates. Barbie's high heel skates are... interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the high heel PINK skates...only Barbie!

      Delete
  2. Hello Farrah,
    It does look like a great set and I am sure many hours of fun will be hed!
    Big hug
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Giac,
      Yes, hours of fun for sure for all of us! :)
      Hugs back

      Delete
  3. Love these photos!!! Cute set too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute and the outfits are so colorful.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marilyn! The outfits were my favorite part from this set. :)

      Delete
  5. This is a great set, very colourful and the outfits are very nice. I love the outside photos, they looks so vibrant and I can almost feel the crispness of the snow under my boots. All the girls are sweet but I do particularly like the two smaller ones....I wish the littlest one didn't have painted on tights though. I've not come across this glue stuff in the hair, but maybe I will soon, as I have a few Barbies here still in their packages.
    Thanks for a great review of a very nice winter set.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sharon! I agree about the painted tights on Chelsea. Kind of a bummer as it wouldn've been great if she had little snowpants or something. I think this glue issue is fairly new over the past several years. It seems to be Mattel likes to fill the heads with glue to keep the hair in place but it can often times seep through the rooted areas and it looks awful. I'm not sure why they started doing this!
      I'm so glad you enjoyed the photos. That particular day I took them outside was such a gorgeous winter day...bright sun and not a cloud in the sky. :)

      Delete
  6. What a cute set! Great photos too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These photos are so neat! You make it look like they are having a blast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Muff! I was having a blast, too, haha :)

      Delete
  8. I LOVE the outside pics! I like the set aswell, the dolls are very cute and the winter oufits very nice. I wish they gave Skipper more spotlight time, like when they did the Teen Skipper line, with outfits for her and some friends (and maybe an articulated body?).

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MC,
      I know what you mean! I would love to find a modern articulated Skipper, Stacie and Chelsea. They would be so much more fun to pose! Thank you for the nice compliment and I'm glad you liked the photos! :)
      Cheers to you!

      Delete
  9. A great review Farrah and I enjoyed the photos, they were really well done.
    Hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete