Pages

Friday, November 18, 2016

Our Trip to the Beach in the Fall (Niantic and Mystic CT) Day 2/2


Day 2 of our Niantic trip started out with some coffee and a sunrise.  I can't remember which beach this was, but it was a park close to where we stayed and it was absolutely gorgeous!  It was chillier that morning, so we had on winter coats, hats and gloves.




We were the only people there. :)


Happy 7 years to us! 







After the beach, we headed back to our room to get ready for breakfast. Here's the view of the marina from our room.


Then we drove over to Mystic Seaport to spend the morning. 



I'm surprised, looking back at these photos, that I didn't have one of the actual ship we went inside!
Anywho..here are some interior shots.




Cramped sleeping arrangements. 


We walked around and inside many of the old buildings and it's really cool to so how things looked and the way people lived in an old seaport village. Life was so different.


Halloween decorations. 








After Mystic Seaport, we found this quaint, family-owned cider house so we stopped in for some tastings and donuts.




For lunch, we drove over the the beautiful little seaside village of Stonington and ate at this really cute place called The Dog Watch Cafe.





Then over to Watch Hill to walk among the seaside mansions. (How do people afford them??)



Rainbows in the waves. 




After more exploring and beach combing, we came back to Niantic to get ready for dinner and a night walk.  The little town of Niantic is very cute and charming!



One of the places I really wanted to stop by was The Book Barn.   I loved it!  It's an indoor and outdoor store with thousands of used books.




 I could've spent hours here. 





They even had a little trail decorated for Halloween. 





After the Book Barn, we stopped at a cozy little candy/chocolate shop.  It was so adorable inside.



There was even a cute little 50's style diner in the back. 



I can't remember the place we went to for dinner, but it was good, lol. 


Heading back to the Inn for the night, I couldn't resist taking a few more photos of the marina as I just loved looking at this scene.


I really do love a well-lit dock in New England at night. 


Looking back at the Inn, our room was on the top middle (with the lights off as we hadn't gone back in yet). :)


In the morning, before we left, we had another coffee/sunrise session, but this time we were back on the Niantic Boardwalk.







What a gorgeous, beautiful trip we had.  It was so nice to spend time with my husband to celebrate our anniversary.  It's hard to believe it was a year ago!
I hope you guys have a nice weekend.  It's supposed to snow here on Sunday!

xo Farrah 

12 comments:

  1. Lovely photos! Glad to see you had much nicer weather than we did when we were there recently. Watch Hill is definitely the playground for the wealthy, some of those houses were amazing, especially the one that belongs to Taylor Swift!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, I didn't know she owned one there! It's amazing to see them EMPTY for the most part. I love trying to peek in, lol. The architecture is just beautiful. Yeah, we really lucked out with the weather and that made it so much more enjoyable. It's a fun place to visit and I enjoyed your photos when you did your post as well! :)

      Delete
  2. I love your photographs! They are beautiful. What a great little vacation to celebrate an anniversary. Hope you have many more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful photos, Farrah!! :D It looks like you guys had a wonderful time. I always love seeing pictures from other beaches (the same way you enjoy seeing mine). Thanks so much for sharing!

    P.S. Sorry I've been so horrible about responding to comments on my blog. Please know that even when I don't answer right away, I always love hearing from you. :)

    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Hannah! No worries about the comments, I know you are always appreciative of everyone and it shines clearly through your blog. Life is busy! :)

      Delete
  4. Beautiful photos, what a lovely place to celebrate your wedding anniversary and to just relax and chill out together! Thanks so much for sharing your special weekend with us :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sharon, I'm glad you enjoyed the photos! I always enjoy your beachy/travel photos as well. :) xoxo

      Delete
  5. Hi Farrah,
    What a beautiful spot to spend an anniversary, I really enjoyed your photos. The book barn looked fabulous, I love spending time in book stores, especially those with second hand books, they have a really special smell about them. :) We have a library of our own as my hubby is an avid book collector, just as I keep saying no more dolls, he insists no more books, until the next one comes along! LOL!
    Hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too funny, X! Yeah, that Book Barn was really cool and I wish we could've spent more time there. I would've browsed every shelf! Unfortunately, my husband is not a reader, so it was a quick zoom through. Next time we go, I will by myself!

      Delete
  6. What amazing photos. Many are suitable for framing as artwork! It looks like you had a nice, romantic anniversary trip. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete