Pages

Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Redhead Ken (Fashionista #139)



Hi everyone!

Just checking in to say hi. It's been a few weeks since I posted and I've been distracted by my regular photography hobby so doll have taken the back burner ONCE AGAIN.  Sigh...it's ok though!

Today I wanted to do this random review to share one of my newer doll additions.
This redheaded Ken is one of my new favorites.  He's been around for a few months, so nothing new, but I think he is one of the first ginger-beautiful Kens we've seen!
I found mine at Walmart for $7.94 and had originally been on the fence about getting him, but after seeing him in person, I decided he was cute and I wanted him to join the herd. :)



He has the typical Ken fashionista 5 point articulation. 


I'm just going to say it, I think this shirt is hideous, but more on that later.
His red hair is molded to the normal blonde Ken pattern, with a swoop to the side and sideburns. 






He comes with this bright cool toned-yellow shirt with lots of weird random designs (not a good look for his coloring), distressed jean shorts and white slide on shoes (like Vans).



I'm sure most of you have heard about the new BMR1959 Kens and Barbies that came out recently.  More on them later, but I knew I wanted to body swap my redhead Ken with the new MTM Ken bodies and luckily he's a perfect match to the light skinned man-bun one!



He has the current Ken face mold, but with lighter skin, darker lips and grayish eyes. 


Just as cute. 

Overall, he is one of my favorite new Kens from the recent Fashionista line.  
I've been very selective about my Ken dolls because their lack of articulation is a big turn off for me.  
Now that we are getting some Made to Move bodies though, I can see my Ken collection hopefully growing!
They have so many more face molds and skin tones than ever before and I'm looking forward to seeing more.  
They need more redheads as well as Asian Kens, though in my opinion!  

Anyway, I hope you're all doing well out there.  
When I first started this post, the Coronavirus was still only over in China.  
Now it's everywhere and I know anxieties are high. 
I'm happy that the dolli-verse is here for us to serve as a nice distraction from all the craziness going on this world today. 




Take care everyone!
xoxo Farrah


16 comments:

  1. Well, it's day 6 of Coronavirus lockdown for me, so I'm glad to find something entertaining on the blogosphere. It has also happened to me, I started writting a post because the whole virus thing, and then having to re-write big part of it to address the situation.

    That Ken looks cuter than the regular blonde Ken, but the molded hair still puts me off (except cornrows). Agree, some of the drawings on that shirt are... weird? But I like the overall concept of it.

    Take care and stay away from that virus!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, MC! I hear you..I'm in NY state and it's getting pretty crazy here. I feel very fortunate that I work from home and the girls can be home with me as they have shut down schools for the now.
      Stay safe over there as well!

      Delete
  2. Stay well and safe.
    Marilyn and Marion

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Farrah! It is a handsome Fashionista Ken you have bought, congrats. I can understand the thoughts about the shirt. It has too many lines and patterns. Lesser would be better.
    The covid-19 (corona virus) has made anxiety levels higher and the virus is spreading fast. It is still under some kind of control over here, but the cases increases. Schools are closed and so are borders too.
    Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks DollsDolour! Yes, it's just crazy how fast this virus made it's way around the world and is spreading through the US so fast. I'm in NY state and it's pretty bad here. We might have the most cases, or very close to Washington state and California so far.
      I hope things remain safe over there for you too!

      Delete
  4. I may have to give in and get that red-haired Ken. I'd like to get more men dolls with rooted hair, but there are so few men dolls period, that I should probably buy at least a few of these, the ones I really like. Thank you for the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed the photos, Barb! I'm hoping to do a quick Ken collection post soon to share all of my Kens. I'm working on rebody-ing some of them as I slowly collect more of those BMR Kens. They go on sale every once in a while on Amazon!

      Delete
  5. He is a very handsome Ken and I agree, nice colouring. I think he'll look great with the articulated body. I actually like the shirt, but no, maybe it's not his colour :)
    I bought a Ken a few years back from this same collection and was going to make him into my son as a replica of their wedding...but of course never got around to it and so gave him away last year.
    Keep safe, this virus is scary as hell and I cannot concentrate of much at the moment (like a lot of people I'm sure) but it's lovely to see dolly blog posts, so please keep them coming.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed the post, Sharon. I hear you on buying dolls for a particular project and then not really going through with it. Happens quite a bit for me! LOL.
      I agree, this virus is just so easily spreadable. It's crazy. I'm so glad I work from home, the girls are home and we live in a rural area so we are sort of used to (and not bothered by) the isolation part!
      I'll be sure to whip up more posts. Lord knows I have hundreds of doll photos on my computer that are in line. :)
      Hugs to you!

      Delete
  6. Thanks for this review. I don't know much about Ken. I have one of the early Barbies (I think number 3) and I don't think there was a Ken when she came out or if there was, I didn't have one so I never followed his evolution. I treasure my Barbie.

    Thanks for continuing to post. I love learning about new dolls and learning new things about old dolls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dorothy and I'm glad you enjoyed the post! That's pretty great that you have one of the older, vintage Barbies. I don't have any past 1980.
      I agree, though, I love seeing and learning about all sort of dolls.
      Hope you're doing well!

      Delete
  7. That red haired Barbie looks like Amelia Pond!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She really does! I think I'm going to name her Amelia, now! :)
      Thanks!

      Delete
  8. Hi Again Farrah!
    I lost you for such a long time, I don't know how it happened, but thanks to MC I found you again and added you back to my reading list.

    I must admit, although I am not a male doll collector, this new Ken is looking pretty smooth. He's much more muscular and the articulation certainly makes him more interesting. :)
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yay! I'm so glad you found me again! I have to admit, I've had no time for dolls lately, but the blog is still here and I will come back to it from time to time when I have time. To be honest, I only collect a handful of male dolls as they don't really intrigue me as my as female dolls do, so I've become really picky with who makes the cut! :) Hope you are doing well. xoxo

      Delete