Pages

Thursday, August 10, 2017

July Doll Hunting and Thrifting

Hey everyone!
This past month, I filmed a little bit of our doll hunting and thrift store jumping and wanted to share with you all what we came across. I managed to snag a few new things, but overall I've cut back quite a bit on my spending which is a huge plus!
I feel so much more relaxed now for some reason and don't feel the need to rush out and buy EVERYTHING that is new or coming out like I used to.  It's probably because I have way too much stuff already and I don't like that hoarder feeling!



Speaking of new things...those new AG custom dolls!!  I will always prefer the Historical/Beforever line for nostalgic reasons, but I really want to check out this feature.
Unfortunately, each time I try to go on the website, I get the "error" page that says the site is temporarily unavailable.  It's 10:30pm right now and I can't even get on!
(Maybe there' a lot of West Coast peeps shopping..hmmm.)

Anyway, once the dust settles I'm sure I'll be able to get on.  I've always wanted a red-head Jess or Josefina mold!
I'm still on the fence about Nanea.  I think there are other dolls I'd rather get first (Rebecca, Gabriella, Mary Ellen, etc).  Although, I just saw the most beautiful custom of her here, which really makes me want her!

I've also made some progress on my doll room, which I did a quick video to show you guys.


This week I'm in the process of opening up my Ever After High boxed dolls.  I think there was around 40 of them (ahhhh!) and with the exception of a few of the signature 1st releases that I have doubles of and two random ones that seem to be rare and worth a lot of money (Fairest on Ice Ashylnn Ella and Spring Unsprung Kitty), I'm opening them all!
More to come on that soon.

I also have an AG haul that I wanted to also share with you in an upcoming post as I feel like my 18 in collection isn't getting enough playtime on my blog lately. ;)

Hope you're all doing well and enjoying your week so far.
xoxo Farrah



20 comments:

  1. Hello Farrah,
    Great job on your room. I can't wait to see it when all your collection is in place... but it is off to a great start.
    Big hug, and happy shopping,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Giac..it is becoming more fun now that I am opening and displaying them all. :)
      Hugs back xo

      Delete
  2. When you do get the Create Your Own site to work, check out the eyes. They give an option for mismatched eyes if desired.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I saw that..thanks! I've only been able to get onto the website once and the eye feature wasn't loading properly..I'll have to try again!

      Delete
  3. Thank you for sharing your dolls on this blog. I agree that I prefer the historical AG dolls.
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marion! I have to ask...are you and Marilyn the same person or related? You always leave comments within minutes of each other and they comments are very similar..I am so curious! The historical dolls definitely give me more of a nostalgic feeling and I love the attention they give to the accessories and clothing of each era. :)

      Delete
  4. The American Girl historical dolls are my preference,too. All of your dolls are lovely. I look forward to seeing your other dolls.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marilyn! I have to ask...are you and Marion the same person or related? You always leave comments within minutes of each other and they comments are very similar..I am so curious! Thank you for your support and I'm glad you are interested in my other dolls...I can't wait to go through the rest of them!

      Delete
  5. Nice to see you making some progress on your doll room. I have been working on mine too. I will be taking pictures as I go along also. Can't wait to see how you fix up your thrift store dolls. Nice of your sister to give you so many vintage dolls too. I have gotten a lot of the new fashionistas and now that things are settling down a bit, I will post more about them in the near future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good, so glad to hear you are fixing your room up as well and I can't wait to see your photos. Yes, I'm so thankful my sister kept them after all of these years. If she gets into doll collecting again, I'll give them back, but it's nice to have them here for now! :)

      Delete
  6. Hi Farrah,
    Looks like you are really getting sorted. You did a good job on your painting and it's lightened up the doll room. I'm really pleased to see dolls being removed from boxes and put on display. :) For some uknown reason, I've always likened storing boxed dolls to running a morgue.

    All your hard work will be worth it in the end.
    Hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, the morgue! You're so right. Boxed dolls really do nothing for me in general. I like to hold them, feel the clothes and photograph them so it's been wonderful to have them out of their boxes! The girls are all over them, but I've learned to relax about it and I know how to clean them up and do their hair so it's not as big of a deal to me anymore. Thanks so much for your encouragement. :)

      Delete
  7. Great videos! I especially liked the room tour. I'm always fascinated at seeing how others house their collections.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Muff, me too! I always love to see collections and storage and how people organize. I can't wait to get this room done...it's taking me forever because I only have short burst of time to work on it! I need to call in sick one of these days and still send the kids to the babysitter and just get it done, lol.

      Delete
  8. I'm not sure about Nanea myself. I want to see her in person before I decide. The first pics AG posted I was just "Meh" about, then the next ones I really liked her, but then I've seen some photos others have taken and I'm back to "meh".

    You're making progress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Flo! Yeah, I mean if I had a choice between Kanani or Nanea, (or Jess) I'd pick Kanani without a doubt! And then Jess, then Nanea. She just doesn't look like classic AG to me anymore, but she's really cute and I would love to see her in person regardless.

      Delete
  9. Hi Farrah Lily! It's great to see that you've been working on some videos. I'd love to do some, but I don't really have the time. Maybe I'll try to do a doll review or something.
    Also, I'm happy to see that your doll room is evolving, I just bought a new bookcase for mine, but I still haven't assembled it completely.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MC, I'm so glad you like the videos! I enjoy doing both, but like you, have limited time so they come in waves and they're sporadic, lol. Enjoy putting your new bookcase together... it's so fun to start placing dolls on it!

      Delete
  10. I love seeing how your doll room is turning out! It looks great (and I love getting to snoop through other people's collections like that). ;)

    I managed to get onto the AG Create Your Own page the other day and surprised myself by having a lot of fun with it. I've been planning to thin out my AG collection and wasn't going to get any more of them, but I confess the custom potential may make me go back on that resolution!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I love to snoop, too! I'll do a big collection video soon once I get the rest of the stuff in order. :) I have tried so many times to get onto the AG create your own web page and it still says it's not available! (I just tried now!) I don't know if I'm picking a really busy time of day or what, but that's so weird. I got on once so far, when I was using my iPad, and the eye color feature wasn't working so I didn't get to fully create the one I wanted, lol.

      Delete