Pages

Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Spring Flowers with the Dolls


    Monster High Lego Venus McFlytrap

Spring flowers are so pretty. 
I'm not much of a gardener, but I did manage to plant a few bulbs to have something to look forward to in the spring!  


I love seeing such vibrant colors again after a long winter!
Winters where I live can feel like they take up almost half the year so spring is such a welcome sight!


The green colors in Spring are so vibrant and lovely! 


I thought Venus McFlytrap would be a perfect little character to take some photos of in the flower garden.  She's a crunchy, earthy gal-much like me in college!  Haha.


Of course, we can't forget about Poison Ivy! 


Little Button was totally into this, and we had fun setting up poses. 


Tulips only last for a little while, but they are so pretty.
I think in the fall I want to try to plant some red ones.  I think large groups of red tulips are just gorgeous!

I love taking photos of dolls with flowers or in trees.  I think that may be my favorite setting.
Do you guys have spring flower beds where you are?

Since we're on the topic of flowers, does anyone have suggestions of some good shade loving perennials?

13 comments:

  1. Such cute photos! I don't have any beds dedicated to only spring but I remember one that a neighbor had, it was so cool. She had researched several varieties of tulips that all bloomed at different stages. She carefully planted the bed so that for weeks, it not only bloomed, but the color changed as the different ones died and new ones came up. I loved driving past it every morning just to see what color it was! It was without a doubt one of the coolest things I've ever seen someone do with flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not really a gardener either, plus we have a condo so only have a small plot in the back and a strip of dirt next our walk. This spring, I want to try to rip out the mint that is currently in the back plot and get some flowers in there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I've heard that mint really takes over everything. Good thing it smells good. :)

      Delete
  3. Tulips are my favorite flower so this post was a delight to look upon. Too bad I'm allergic to flowers, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, sorry to hear you're allergic to them! Allergies are the wooorst, lol

      Delete
  4. Hello Farrah,
    Those are lovely pictures. What a wonderful backdrop. your flowers are just lovely. Tulips and daffodils are amongst my favorite...it really is a shame they only last a short while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Giac, thank you! I agree and wish the flowers would stay in bloom just a little bit longer!

      Delete
  5. Great photos! I especially love how Lego Venus McFlytrap's hair matches so closely to the flowers you have her posing with - it's such a striking style! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks jSarie! I actually didn't even notice how closely they matched until I was editing the photos..I love Lego Venus! She's so cute. :)

      Delete
  6. Hi Farrah!
    Lovely photos and such fun too! I absolutely love the tulips, and I will be interested to see any suggestions regarding the shade loving perennials, I always have problems finding nice shade plants.
    Hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi X!
      Yes, I don't know much about shade plants either..just my "go-to" hostas and Lilies of the Valley!

      Delete
  7. These are great photos, they're so full of life, colourful and vibrant. Your tulips look beautiful too, it's been a long times since I saw tulips in real life.
    We have loads of flowers at the moment, but then it is hot like summer elsewhere here, but we expect it to get much hotter soon. We have hibiscus and bougainvilla in plentiful supply, lots of colour. I would suggest hostas for shady areas, but I really am NOT a gardener, I just enjoy the hard work my hubby puts in!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete