Pages

Thursday, May 12, 2016

April Snapshots












Hi everyone!  It's been a while since I've posted, but I hope you're all doing well. Here's my monthly round up, but to be honest, I can't even think of anything specific to write so I'll leave you with some photos and a few words.

April started out with the biggest snow storm we had all winter, but ended in green grass and spring flowers.
The girls were sick with fevers and ear infections for the second half of the month and I ended up getting strep throat for the first time!  It's been a bit of a blur, but we're all back in good health and ready for warmer weather.  I've gotten so far behind on catching up with all of your blogs and haven't had time for my own blogging as I've been going to bed early.  Little Button is quite the night owl lately and often times gets out of bed to come sit with me as she has been having a hard time falling asleep.
Blogging has to take the backseat as I have to remind myself of how little and precious this time with them is.  Soon they will both grow up and I'll miss these little snuggly moments. ;)


The book I read last month was called, "The Vanishing of Katharina Linden" by Helen Grant and it was ok.  It was a bit slow and kept my interest enough to keep reading, but I definitely wouldn't necessarily recommend it as a good read as there are so many better books out there.  I loved reading a book that was set in Germany, though!


The girls had a week off from school for spring break, so my mom and step-dad took them for a few days.  It was so strange having the house empty, but hubby and I were able to go out to eat and have some time to ourselves, which was priceless!


April usually tends to be a difficult month for me as the weather is very unpredictable and at this point I am so ready for warmth.  This year it was on the chilly and rainy side, but we made it through and spring is definitely here now.
I hope you all have a wonderful rest of your week and thanks for stopping by. :)
xo Farrah 

20 comments:

  1. Great photos and glad everyone is feeling better. What a robust birdie that was in the second photo. I wonder if he's really that big or just puffed full of feathers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Muff,
      Yes, he's quiet robust, isn't he!? I took this with my zoom lens and when I realized iit was a robin, I was shocked. I think he's probably puffed out because he's freezing, lol. ;)

      Delete
  2. Isn't it great seeing the little flowers and buds of each season? Your Spring looks like it is getting into full swing. We have brightly coloured leaves and the camellia and daphne starting to bud because it's Autumn (Fall) here. Glad to hear you are all feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carrickters,
      Yes! I love seeing so much green again. I guess the good thing about living here is that our winters seem so long that by the time leaves and flowers start growing again, we appreciate it so much. Thank you for your kind words. Enjoy the gorgeous colors of Autumn! :)

      Delete
  3. Hey Farrah-lily! Lovely photos telling a lovely story about April and things you and your family did. It is good that your husband and you had the opportunity to spend some time alone.
    Take good care of yourself!
    Arlette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Arlette,
      Thank you! It's nice to go out and be an adult again, instead of a parent so just eating and drinking at a pub on a Monday night was so fun! Thanks for your sweet comment. :)

      Delete
  4. Hello Farrah,
    What amazing pictures. It all looks so beautiful! I am glad spring finally arrived and I hope you will get the warm weather you are hoping for.
    Big hug
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Giac! I am so glad for the warmer weather as well...spring is so pretty! :)

      Delete
  5. Spring is in full swing here. One of these days, I'm going to go out and discover my car covered in yellow pollen. We're already getting light dustings of the stuff. I'm glad that I'm not allergic, though eldest daughter is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barb,
      That is too bad about your daughter's allergies..my husband has it bad this year, but it seems to be letting up!

      Delete
  6. Great photos! I love how going through them shows what almost looks like a full set of four seasons within a single month! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, JS, haha, you're right! April felt like the full set, lol. :)

      Delete
  7. Lovely photos Farrah, specially the little Robin, he looks like he's fluffing his feathers to keep warm (or he's just plain fat!)
    Glad you are all well again and spring is on it's way.
    Hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Xanadu,
      Haha, yes..he was a plump, fluffed out little guy (or girl)! Thanks for the nice words. :) xo

      Delete
  8. April definitely was unusual, but I think spring has officially sprung!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Flo, yes..althought I feel guilty complaining as we had such a mild winter! It didn't even feel like winter until February, lol.

      Delete
  9. Nature is sooo beautiful :-) Great pictures :-) Greetings my dear friend ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Aya...greetings to you as well :) xo

      Delete
  10. My goodness Farrah what a mixed month you have had!
    I'm glad to hear you're all on the mend though. I love the photos, thank you for sharing them. I hope soon you'll have lovely lovely summer weather. We too have had a mixed bag, weather-wise, a whole week of rain....not what I expect from living here in 'sunny spain'!
    Anyway, I'm glad you're back but appreciate what you say about our time with our kids when they're little, is very precious.
    Big hugs, Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sharon! I'm sorry to hear about all the rain...our first week in May was the same way! You probably felt like you were back in England. :)
      Big hugs back xo

      Delete