Pages

Thursday, March 17, 2016

Mini Gazebo for the American Girl Minis

Last spring (yes these photos are from LAST spring!) I found this cute bird feeder at our local Tractor Supply store and thought it made an adorable little gazebo for my mini American Girl dolls! 
The scale is a little off, but I think it works pretty well.  Here are a few photos of the girls enjoying it. :) 


Little Julie was very excited to have something new to play in. 


Little Cecile was excited to climb up to the top and have a looksie. 


Here's a look at the birdfeeder compared to a 12 inch doll.  Too small for that scale, but pretty cute for the 6 inch minis!



Little MG really loved sitting on the edge, watching the birds. 


There is nothing quite like that warm springtime sun. :)


Little Caroline had to run over to see what all the fuss was about. 



"All we need is some food and music!"



It's not nearly as awesome as the large version belonging to Samantha's collection, but it is perfect for us!  Since this photoshoot, it has gone back to being a regular birdfeeder, but it was fun to take photos with the little dolls. 


Looks what I found underneath the old dead leaves today...Yay!!  


I am about to crack open a Hard Cider (I don't like Guiness!) and pay tribute to my Irish heritage. This day always makes me think of my sassy Irish grandmother. :) 


Happy St. Patrick's Day, ya'll.
Hope yours is a good one. :) 
xo Farrah 

Displaying IMG_2583.JPG
Displaying IMG_2583.JPG

18 comments:

  1. Heavens to Betsy, what a super find. Who'd ever think of looking at a birdhouse to use as a gazebo? That one works a treat!

    Happy St.Patrick's Day Farrah!
    Hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! As soon as I saw it, I immediately thought "doll prop" lol. Thanks and same to you, Xanadu :)
      Xo

      Delete
  2. That bird feeder does make a perfect little gazebo for the mini AG dolls. The Samantha one is nice, but for $200, you could get a really nice doll house from Kids Kraft! Isn't it fun when you can go to a store and look at something that is totally not doll related, but you can see something dolly in it?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed, Phyllis! It was fun to actually have a "prop" to photograph with as I am still in the "dolls only" phase of collecting. I would love to spend more effort on creating rooms or dioramas in the future! :)

      Delete
  3. Happy St. Patrick's Day! I am part German and part Irish, but don't like beer. The horror!

    The sleeves on your Cecile doll look different from the doll that I have. I'm going to have to look at her dress tonight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol about the beer! As I get older, I find it can sometimes give me heartburn! Interesting about the sleeves...I wonder if there is a different variation? I got my Cecile back when AG had their sale when they were retiring these characters.

      Delete
  4. That really is a great size for the mini dolls - great find!

    And Happy St Patrick's Day! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks JS! :) Same to you! What made it even better is now it is a fully functioning bird feeder!

      Delete
  5. Hello Farrah Lily,
    The gazebo is great. What a lovely place for your dolls to meet and enjoy the beautiful day.
    Big hug
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Giac, it would've been even better if I took the plexiglass out so the girls could go in and out, but I still wanted it to function as a bird feeder so I opted to leave it in. I've been enjoying your dollhouse progression on your blog..it's coming along so nicely!

      Delete
  6. What a clever find, the little gazebo birdhouse is perfect for the tiny girlies.
    I hope you had a good St Patrick's day too. My dad was Irish and we always used to celebrate it when he was alive, with typically Irish food and he always liked a drop of the 'black stuff' too....ah great memories!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute! I've seen a lot of really cool bird feeders that make great doll props, this one works very well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Flo! :) I am itching to go thrifting for doll related finds. I know garage sale season is approaching as well. It's always fun to find stuff you can use for doll rooms and props!

      Delete
  8. What a cute little prop, perfect size for the mini AG's. Wouldn't it still be able to function as a bird feeder without the plexiglass?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carrickters! No, it's there on the sides to hold the birdseed in. :) I could just lay the seed in one layer and they could go in and eat, but I wanted to just be able to fill it up to the brim. :)

      Delete